Comments You Will Not Hear at the 8-14-05 WT Study (Witnesses of Jesus?)

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?
    I should think that being new in this land would make any person willing to talk and go along with it, whether they were really interested or not.

I knew an ex-missionary at Bethel that told me a story about his time in Africa. They had a waiting list for bible studies. By his admission, it appeared that the locals considered it a step-up in their social status to study with the witnesses. Since numbers are so important to JWs, who cares about motive.

The witnesses do not preach, they count time.

• heathen
    heathen
    Consider some statistics. Fifty years ago our literature was published in

90 languages. Today, that number has risen to over 400. "The faithful and

discreet slave" has spared no effort in providing literature even for some

whose language is spoken by relatively few people. (Matthew 24:45) For

example, Bible literature is now available in Greenlandic (spoken by 47,000

people), Palauan (spoken by 15,000), and Yapese (spoken by fewer than 7,000

people).

Yah and all those people don't know didly about all the doctrinal changes that the western world had to deal with for the past 100 plus years .

So I guess now the love of the greater number cooling off applies to the churches of christiandom ? Of course they would never admit any wrongdoing, the scripture mentions," due to the increase of lawlessness" . I can imagine the increase in numbers in the impoverished countries is mainly because people are looking for something to eat and will read a magazine in order to get some food from charity . I know I would . Wow I actually made through another long boring lesson in a WTBTS publication ..............

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Persecutors of God's servants cannot succeed when opposed by God's spirit.

Good line to repeat to a JW. Especially when they're running away from your door just after you ask a few tricky questions.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Appreciate the hard work Blondie. I love how you show the little buzzwords and the subtle mind numbing techniques they use. Great review.

Oh when I read that review, God im so happy im not a JW and dont have to swallow that crap for an hour every sunday. Just reading it brought back memories of what it was like and made me want to puke. Oh freedom is worth every ounce of turmoil it took to get it.

Ticker

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

This was great, yet again!! Thanks Blondie!!

GGG

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The witnesses do not preach, they count time.

That says it all.

• Shania
    Shania

I love the review, I try hard to include some of your hard work in my comments on Sunday, I always get many compliments after on the interesting points I shared---------ha, ha if they only knew. Thank You.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit