40,000 new kingdom halls needed

by sowhatnow 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

not sure where to post this, but The other day my jw mom says to me, 'the number is increasing they announced that we need 40,000 new kingdom halls'.

ok, who else has heard this, and how should i respond,  other than to say well your cong is smaller now than it was 15 years ago..... where your growth?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Maybe she meant "40,000 projects". Big difference!

A project could mean replacing a toilet in a KH or repairing a broken gutter.

40,000 KH needed? In their dreams!

• sir82
    sir82

Uh-huh.

1% / year growth for the past 20 years, and suddenly they "need" so many new or remodeled Kingdom Halls.

Ri-i-i-i-ight......

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Even the new Infomercial for Kingdom Halls stated 5,000 (of course that was US Branch).

But of coruse, there is SUCH expansion and growth in the Organization that 40,000 seems reasonable to me.    ROFLMAO

Doc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!! There is a HUGE difference between projects and KHs.. When you say "project" that could anything. 

I knew an Eldub and his wife that were a big deal, why? They helped on a special "project" in NYC. What was it? Modernizing and economizing electrical systems in WTBTS owned buildings! This makes a building more marketable in the future!

Surely no worldly organization could update electrical panels, and save money by saving electricity! Holy Spirit must be directing these projects! 

DD

• gda
    gda
    they need 40,000.00 property sales
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    no its 14,000  not 40,000
  • Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers
    Its 144,000...duh
  • Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers
    I agree with gda......gotta take advantage of the increase in real estate holdings and profit
  • Splash
    Splash

According to the 2014 Yearbook there are 114,000 congregations worldwide.
    There are fewer K.Halls than this because many congregations share a K.Hall.

If we assume 20% share a hall that leaves us with 91,000 kingdom halls worldwide

If a hall needs some remedial work every six or seven years this gives you 14,000 kingdom hall projects every year.

All this maintenance work and no mention of any increase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit