Status Report!!!!!!!

by tsunami_rid3r 21 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Ok this is where I tell whats going on in my exciting life and all of you give me advice.

1)Is a seashell necklace wrapped around a cowboy hat cool or what?

2)What stuff should I bring to the dorm? So far I've got: portable blender, microwave, fridge, cell phone, bed stuff, toliet stuff, pens and pencils in a cup, laptop, stereo, ipod, printer, clothes, umbrella, sleeping bag, air mattress, condoms, and a PS2. What am I missing?

3)How do I manage going to the meetings while on living campus? I don't want to be caught wearing a suit, nonetheless caught going to a meeting.

4)How do I manage going to the meetings? Introduction, "Hi, I'm Chris." "Yeah, I'm living on campus." "Do I have a suit? Well uh..."

5)How do I work this out? I have to come home on the weekends to go to Sunday meetings and wash my clothes. I'd like to know a good way around this.

6)Car. I don't want my parents to have me in their control. So I want a used cheap car. There's a used 2002 Honda Civic EX with 54000 miles out there at the dealership. My dad said thats a piece of junk. It was $12000. They wanted to get me a new 2005 Ford Mustang for $22000. I already have a new 2004 GMC single cab truck. I don't like the truck because I look short in it, so I definitely want to get a car. I'm probably getting a new 2005 Honda VP for $15000, but I really want the 2002 for $12000. Is this a wise decision? Suggestions?

7)Money. Now I have a $500 credit card, and I have a checking and savings account, but it's going to be empty once I get my school stuff like backpack, shirts, supplies. I'm not working when I'm down there because I need to focus on education, and that means no income whatsoever. I definitely don't want to depend on the parents right now. I'm kind of confused right now because my dad wants me to have a normal life, and my mom wants me to be a good little Jehovah's Witness. They conflict, and I hate it. I'm going to have to eat something down there, and resupply myself. But they will pay my bills like insurance, and cell phone if I attend the meetings down there. That's like $400 total because I wrecked 3 times. What can I do?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

8 years ago my little brother left for college, in pretty much the same situation you are in. He was gonna live in the dorms, but still go to meetings, come home and our parents were gonna help him out. School started and the situation lasted about six months. He got into the college party scene hardcore, his grades dropped, and he was out after 2 semesters. He bought a tent, sleeping bag, and plane ticket for Alaska to work the fishing boats......

My point is that you're about to be exposed to a world where you have no limits. That's not a bad thing. Just use your new freedom for your own good. Don't sell out any long term goals, for short term pleasure. Have fun, LEARN, make something of yourself.

If your parents are anything like mine, you'll never be really free of them until you take a stand. Sounds like they will seek to control you through financial support. Faith in God isn't something that can be bought, or demanded for financial support. Remember that when the guilt trips start......We all make our own way in life, but parents rarely remember that.

Oh and I think the used Honda is the best choice. They're great cars, and since it's a used car someone else has already eaten the depreciation on it.

Good luck at school bro! (Bro as in dude, compadre; not in the JW inclusive to the group sense.....)

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Uh you just sounded like an elder, just then, trying to stall from the question. But I'll fight to get that used Honda.

Clear advice
    would be nice.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

If you buy that car, be extra careful not to get a boil on your bottom. It's common medical knowledage that an abscess makes the fart go "Honda".
    Pope

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

I noticed that you are from Texas. If you are going to UT, you will have few problems. Other than that, don't wear pearl shells on your hat.

Never start a sentence by thinking that you can describe yourself by saying something like, "I'm the kind of person that ..."

Dead give away of an immature person that thinks they know what they are talking about. If you ever watch MTV's "The Real World", you should know what I'm talking about. Just don't do it! Impress your new found friends and just don't do it puh-lease!!

If you are not going to UT, ignore everything that I just wrote and I hope you have a happy life.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

ROFLMAO........no far from it! Actually I'm just a punk 28 year old, about to start back at school myself. And I've also seen what happens when people throw away oppurtunities in life. It's pretty simple. Get a good education, get a good job. Make money, save money. Retire early, enjoy the rest of your years in peace......not greeting people at your local Wal-Mart.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I sense sarcasm amongst here. I'm going to A&M and these shells are like minature seashells, the ones you can hear the ocean through. Seriously, shells on the cowboy hat cool or what?

Ok, I'm sorry for snapping like that, but seriously I need some good advice with those questions. 1 is non important all the way to 6 being the most important.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I wouldn't even go to meetings. You'll probably be too busy studying and partying to even bother.

I think you're good on the things you're taking to your dorm room. You might bring a few straws for all the cocaine the chicks are gonna want you to snort off their titties (true story from my brother).

I would get over the whole suit hang up. If you really are going to go to meetings, you'd better wear one to keep up appearances. Besides if people make fun of you over wearing a suit, do you REALLY care? You in college now, that's so high school dude!

If you don't have time to get a part time job because you're gonna be studying, how are you going to have time to go to ALL the meetings and study? Your call dude, but I'd take the part time job and a little financial independance from mom and dad over wearing a suit and going to meetings anyday!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Seriously, shells on the cowboy hat cool or what?

definitely not.

Just because you live in Texas doesn't mean you can be a cowboy. Don't ever let me catch you in a trucker hat either.

I don't like the truck because I look short in it, so I definitely want to get a car.
    thats quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I don't like my body, I look fat in it.

If you get a honda... don't try and pimp it out... That's too cliche for "your" people.

• sunshine2
    sunshine2

post a picture of the hat and then we get a better idea.....but I think it could be cute.

pack a pillow, some dishes (or are they being supplied?) maybe a small box you can look up (you never know)

go to the meetings with regular clothes and change there.....(use late classes excuse).

get the used Honda, but have it checked out first....at carfax.com, you can get a report on the car, if it has been in an accident, mileage and so on, how many owners.....cost is 19.95

Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit