Got to Go In the Hospital Tuesday

by Undecided 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I've had BHP for several years, but last week it became so enlarged I couldn't pee. The urologist let me see if it would shrink by leaving me on catheterization for several days and remove it to see if I could pee, no luck. Today he looked at my bladder through my penis. He decided that I needed to have some of my prostate removed, so I guess I will get it done Tuesday. I hope it will work(my peeing) after the operation. Damn, I hate stuff like this.

Ken P.

• kls
    kls

Geeze ,that really sounds like it is going to suck . Hope all goes well and you are peeing like a Racehorse after

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ooog. No fun. So that's what i have to look forward to.

S

• kazar
    kazar

Undecided, sorry to hear you are ill. The best to you in the hospital and hope you come out completely well and no pain. Will miss your posts while you are away.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Ken -

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Hope all goes very well.

A reminder: You may want to update any advance medical directive that could be on file at the hospital. I had some trouble getting mine changed when I was admitted thru the emergency room 2 weeks ago. I ended up with an unwelcome visit from the local elders...

I wish you a speedy recovery.

-Aude.

• shera
    shera

All will go well,get well soon,k?

**hugs**

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I hope it will work(my peeing) after the operation. Damn, I hate stuff like this.

You may want to shop around for a good surgeon. You want to find one who will tip-toe around you "important" nerves down there.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Ken, good luck my old friend

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yeeeouch! My Dad has had that procedure twice. Of course he is almost 92. Can't pee............has an in dwelling catheter.

Next!

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I see so many ads for medication to shrink the prostate I'm surprised nothing worked for you. Have you tried medication?

I heard nightmare stories about cath. and men..was it a really painful procedure? It sounds horrible.

Did you have a PSA done to make sure everthing was OK?

My poor daughter has a urinary tract infection and she is going through the same thing.She can't pee good. They gave her some antibiotics so hopefully it will clear up.They told her a few moths ago that she had a kidney stone. So she thought maybe she was trying to pass it.OUCH..

Hope all works out for you. How long will you be in the hospital? Or is it outpatient?

Snoozy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit