My MRI results are in

by Dimples 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

Hi All,

I went to the doctor today for my MRI results on my shoulder. Well, I found out I have shoulder tendonitis.

DIMPLES

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for updating, ES.

Is that fixable?

Hubert

• Dimples
    Dimples

Hi Hubert,

My Doc put me on oral steroids and he is going to schedule me to see an orthopedic surgeon. I guess when I see the orthopedic doc he will most likely give me a cortisone injection. Looks like I may need physical therapy in the near future to prevent me from gettting a frozen shoulder. Boy, this thing is extremly painful I just hope these treaments bring me some pain relief soon. I am on pain meds and ice seems to help since it temporarily numbs the area. This is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Please ,let the pain end soon.

DIMPLES

• luna2
    luna2

Ouch! Hope they can fix you up!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Dimples -

Have you ever tried accupuncture? I have a friend who swears by it!

GGG

• kazar
    kazar

Dimples, I am glad it is nothing more serious, although I know how terribly painful tendonitis is. I have tendonitis of the elbow and I have to be very careful I don't overuse it; consequently, I have become ambidexterous to counter the tendency. Anyway, I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Did the doctor give you anti-inflammatory drugs and tell you to rest the shoulder?

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks Luna!

GGG, No, I have never tried acupuncture. The thought of all those needles scare me. Who knows if the pain doesn't go away soon, I might be willing to try anything.

DIMPLES

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I hope you get some relief from the pain soon!!!

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks kazar,

They tell me to rest the shoulder and not use it much. Yeah, that is easier said than done. I am on an anti-inflammatory med and on oral steroids and pain medication. I just started the oral steroids today. I have been putting ice on it and it numbs the area and at least that helps with the pain temporarily. Keep of that elbow, I know what you are going through.

DIMPLES

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thank you lonelysheep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit