Long Overdue Respect & Admiration: BIG TEX & CRUZANHEART

by RAYZORBLADE 30 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Ya know...I'm gonna get a nurfball to the head for this. But ya know....I think it's long overdue that myself; perhaps a few other forum members out there, convey some long overdue respect and gratitude to:

BIG TEX & CRUZANHEART

Nina (cruzanheart), why do they call him Big Tex?

OK...I'm gonna get it...but honestly, I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for this person.

He has been super supportive to me for a few years. Even when I was not on this forum much, he still remembered me and gave a damn! which meant a great deal to me.

I have shared a great deal with him. He's always been non-judgemental; he'll call you on your shit though...don't take him to be a softy...he can lay down the law pretty good, when it's in-order to do so.

So...I dedicate this thread to Big Tex & Cruzanheart.

He's given more than his heart and soul post-JW to many of us here, but beyond the forum as well. He's been active on many other forums and he's been there for a few of you in-person (you know who you are). His wife Nina, is an absolute gem as well. She was the first person in the Scott household I ever spoke to. She's a sweetheart. She has also been so helpful to so many on here. Everyone has been made to feel most welcome on here as well as, in-person (I have heard this many times) and in the PMs I have received/e-mails regarding her.

Cruzanheart shared some painful experiences here on this forum. For you newbies, you may want to go back to early 2003 (winter) to see what we're referring to. Later on, their daughter Jennie, posted under supervision of her parents, the loss of her grandfather.

I cried.

Yes...because some stories need to be told; if it is through a child's eyes, then so be it. How honest and forthright is that?

Again, I take my hat off to BIG TEX. CRUZANHEART, and all those of us who have benefitted from their kind welcomes here on this forum and in-person.

Someday, I hope to finally make my acquaintance person-to-person.

Thank you Chris & Nina.

You two really, really do matter....more than you'll ever know.

Respectfully yours,

RAY

Anyone care to add

• under74
    under74

cruzan' just helped to cure my cough And I've learned a lot from reading their posts.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Excellent post Rayzor.

I agree 100%...

and as my husband would and has said about them say...

"Good People....yep there's some Good People"

(((Nina and Chris))) and (((Rayzor))) for starting this

Lisa

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I can't count the number of times over the last nine months when I was offline that I thought of Chris and Nina.

Their support is awesome.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Still waiting to meet you lovely guys in the UK.

Ignored One.

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing overdo here. I always have felt this way.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Nina and Scott are two of the greatest, kindest, sincere and genuine human beings I have ever experienced and spoken with in my entire life.

I am alive today partly because of their persistence, their patience, their effort, their concern and their altruistic love. I would do anything for them and love them dearly, and now consider them family!

May everyone be fortunate enough to know Nina & Scott!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Woot woot! Cheers to a great couple and a couple a' greats.

If this is a roast though, I didn't prepare any humiliating jokes for them.

*hang on, be right back* :-D

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wow, this was quite a thread to wake up to this morning! Thanks, all of you, from me and Chris. All of you and this forum have been an inspiration and encouragement to us as we've worked through our own issues, JW-related and otherwise, and I'm glad we've been able to pay it forward somewhat.

Sixy, just think back to that Florida trip and you'll find plenty of roasting ideas, I'm sure!

Hugs to all,

Nina, Chris, Jennie & Jackson Scott

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Ooooops! I owe Nina & Chris an apology. In my pervious post I mistakenly posted Scott's name when I meant to post Chris's name instead. Sorry about that folks! I KNOW WHO I LOVE and that is what matters most, even if I make mistakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit