Is Satan running the WTS. What say you?

by Lady Lee 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowisee
    nowisee

oh man, this is sort of an aside but very fresh for me.....

anyone ever hear of rye playland??

an amusement park in new york state.

last week a little boy, 7 yrs old died on a very safe ride. it was partially in the dark and apparently he went into it alone, got scared or something and stood up. he died of blunt trauma to the head.

his father was a pastor of a local christian church. at the services his mother spoke and said that satan worked all day to get him alone and that was why he died.

seems she decided to blame the devil instead of taking responsibility.........

this week the park has posted signs everywhere advising parents not to let their children ride alone on rides that might potentially be scary....

• Satanus
    Satanus
    this week the park has posted signs everywhere advising parents not to let their children ride alone on rides that might potentially be scary

Boy, those signs must really piss off satan.

No, i don't think that satan runs the wt, or influences it. I think that there are malavelant lower level spirits about, but i don't think that they are messing w the wt any more or less than w many other crooked, debauched, hateful, unhappy, greedy, lying, exploitive religions, corporations, countries, political parties or individuals. I don't think that the spirit world has anything worse than what we have right here on the earth.

S

• kls
    kls

Satan v wt,,,,,,,,,i see no difference except the wt kills people and rapes children in it's name, so which is worse.

• gringojj
    gringojj

I dont believe in god or satan, but this question is for someone like defd. If I was trying to figure out if satan was leading the wts, whitch I should definetly have to consider since the wts claims he is running every other religion, how would I know he wasnt using the wts? Dont tell me because of the love they had amongst themselves, because there are other religions who show just as much love as jws. And even so, couldnt he lead people to have love amongst themsleves, just to make it appear they were the true religion? After all he is so powerful hes leading millions of jews, catholics, and muslims. I wouldnt think that leading 6 million dubs is hard for him. So defd, how do YOU know?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I had to go hunting but found this

*** rs 132 False Prophets *** (Reasoning’s book published in 1985)

”False Prophets
    Definition:

Individuals and organizations proclaiming messages that they attribute to a superhuman source but that do not originate with the true God and are not in harmony with his revealed will.”

True prophets make known their faith in Jesus, but more is required than claiming to preach in his name

1 John 4:1-3: “Test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world. You gain the knowledge of the inspired expression from God by this: Every inspired expression that confesses Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God, but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God.”

*** rs 133 False Prophets ***

True prophets speak in the name of God, but merely claiming to represent him is not enough

Deut. 18:18-20: “A prophet I shall raise up for them from the midst of their brothers, like you [like Moses]; and I shall indeed put my words in his mouth, and he will certainly speak to them all that I shall command him. And it must occur that the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name, I shall myself require an account from him. However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.” (Compare Jeremiah 14:14; 28:11, 15.)

*** Rbi8 Jeremiah 14:14 ***

14 And Jehovah went on to say to me: “Falsehood is what the prophets are prophesying in my name. I have not sent them, nor have I commanded them or spoken to them. A false vision and divination and a valueless thing and the trickiness of their heart they are speaking prophetically to YOU people.

*** Rbi8 Jeremiah 28:11 ***

11 And Han·a·ni'ah went on to say before the eyes of all the people: “This is what Jehovah has said, ‘Just like this I shall break the yoke of Neb·u·chad·nez'zar the king of Babylon within two full years more from off the neck of all the nations.’” And Jeremiah the prophet proceeded to go his way.

*** Rbi8 Jeremiah 28:15 ***

15 And Jeremiah the prophet went on to say to Han·a·ni'ah the prophet: “Listen, please, O Han·a·ni'ah! Jehovah has not sent you, but you yourself have caused this people to trust in a falsehood.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    *** rs 133 False Prophets ***

If any individuals or organizations claim to represent God but decline to use God’s personal name, and make it a practice to express their own opinions on matters, are they measuring up to this important qualification of a true prophet?”

From the quote it is very clear the definition and the implication concerning “ FALSE PROPHETS “

Let’s see some reminders, from the same publishers of the “ Reasoning ‘s book”

w50 page 419.
    "The thirty-six intervening years since 1914, instead of postponing Armageddon, have only made it nearer than most people think. Do not forget: "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (Matt. 24:34)

“...We should appeal to the facts. Let facts speak for themselves. ... Whom has God actually used as his prophet? ... Jehovah's witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them."
    (The Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1959, pp. 40, 41)

w68 page 715

Besides, did not Jesus say that this generation will not pass away until all things are fulfilled? A generation, according to Psalm 90:10, is from seventy to eighty years. The generation that witnessed the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 does not have many more years left.-Luke 21:24, 32-36."

w69 page 395.

"Do you not recall that Jesus, in prophesying of this period of the last days which commenced in 1914, also said: "Truly I say to you, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur"? (Luke 21:32) People who were only just old enough to understand what was happening to the world in 1914 are now approaching seventy years of age. Yes, the numbers of that generation are dwindling fast, but before they all pass away this system must meet its end in the war of Armageddon. Surely this highlights what a very short time now remains to return to Jehovah."

w67 5/1 page 262

"Where Are We According to God's Timetable?

According to Bible chronology, we are already over fifty-two years into the wicked system of things’ “time of the end.” That time began in the autumn of 1914 C.E., at the termination of the “appointed times of the nations,” and it is already far advanced. Jesus said that “this generation” that saw the beginning of this time period in 1914 would also see its end. The generation that was old enough to view those events with understanding in 1914 is no longer young. It no longer has many years to run. Already many of its members have died. “

*** w74 6/15 page 359

The Horsemen of the Apocalypse-Their Effect on Our Lives ***

Jesus stated, as recorded at Matthew 24:34: “Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.” The generation that saw the beginning of “these things” in 1914 is now well up in years and, in fact, is near to ‘passing away.’ Therefore, the time must be close for the “great tribulation” and the ‘day of wrath’ of God and Jesus Christ. “

"Spirit of Life from God Entered into Them

The announced purpose behind God's pouring out of his spirit upon all sorts of flesh was that the recipients thereof might prophesy. The facts substantiate that the remnant of Christ's anointed disciples have been doing that prophesying to all the nations for a witness in favor of God's kingdom. Logically, then, they must be the ones upon whom God's spirit has actually been poured out. That spirit is behind their worldwide preaching. Why argue about it?"
    (Holy Spirit, 1976, p. 148)

"Worship of the One True God Already Being Exalted
    So, under divine guidance, on Sunday, February 24, 1918, amid World War I, the then president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society gave a well-advertised talk in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. His subject was a startling one but was in line with the meaning of the momentous times as viewed from the Bible standpoint. The subject was "Millions Now Living May Never Die."

(The Watchtower July, 15, 1981, p. 20)

"So God's servants know what this world's rulers do not. They know Jehovah's purposes and his seasons… Since Jehovah's servants of today obey him as ruler, God's holy spirit also reveals to them what season it is from his viewpoint. Amos 3:7 says: "The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets."
    (The Watchtower, April 15, 1986, page 18)

g88 4/8 page 14 "The Last Days-What's Next?

Likewise today, most of the generation of 1914 has passed away. However, there are still millions on earth who were born in that year or prior to it. And although their numbers are dwindling, Jesus’ words will come true, “this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

w85 5/1 page
    "We also know that the 1914 generation is well into the evening of its existence, thus allowing only little time for this prophecy yet to be fulfilled. But we also know-for this we have Jesus' own promise-that "this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen."-Revelation 17:11; Mark 13:30."

g94 11/8 page 10.

The Real Significance of 1914

AS INDICATED on page 4, “this magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.” No doubt many of our readers find that statement surprising."

°°°°°°°°°
    Everyone knows what happened after November
    1995!!!

So the question is:
    who has been prophetizing/
    declaring publicly/spreading the information
    about the “ generation of 1914 “ and “ the end
    of this wicked system” linking them together...
    and associating, as supporting evidence
    Jehovah God and Jesus Christ and the Bible???

Well the publishers of all the materials- books,
    booklets, tracts, magazines etc. – namely the

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of
    Pennsylvania and other Societies.
    Accordingly then:

"The three essentials for establishing the credentials of a true prophet, as given through Moses, were:
    The true prophet would speak in Jehovah's name;
    the things foretold would come to pass (De 18:20-22);
    and his prophesying must promote true worship".
    (Insight on the Scriptures, Vol. 2, p. 696)

"Jehovah, the God of the true prophets, will put all false prophets to shame either by not fulfilling the false prediction of such self-assuming prophets or by having His own prophecies fulfilled in a way opposite to that predicted by the false prophets. False prophets will try to hide their reason for feeling shame by denying who they really are."
    (Paradise Restored To Mankind By Theocracy, 1972, pp. 353, 354)

“However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.”(Deut. 18:18-20)

• jgnat
    jgnat

My first gut reaction was, no, but I do believe there is evil in the world and there are evil people. But I am not so sure the men running the Watchtower Society are so much evil as caught up in the machine as much as everybody else. This organization is self-sustaining, with one generation of yes-men groomed to replace the old. I think evil people, such as pedophiles, can take advantage of the rigid, heirarchal, secretive structuring of the Watchtower society. Our society as a whole is just waking up to the idea that any place that children congregate is a pedophile's paradise (clubs, sports, churches). The Watchtower society, traditionally fifty years behind the times, continues to be a pedophile's paradise.

I have seen too much attributed to Satan, first in the evangelical churches and even more so with the Witnesses. Satan is used as a handy excuse to avoid dealing with natural problems!

If there ever were a Satan, I don't believe such a power would be equal and opposite to God. A yin and yang if you were. It is a pagan concept to consider Satan to be an equal an opposite power to God. Such an evil creature, if it exists, would have to be finite and mortal and unable to withstand the power of love.

The power of God and love and creation to overcome entropy is what I believe in.

In this rather rambling post, I guess I am saying the Watchtower society is a human-led organization with all of the frailties you would expect, and with an inhuman power over people by mis-applying the concept of divine appointment. The leaders of the WTBTS have lots of explaining to do, and I do think there will be a day of accounting.

The good news, if this organization is not supernaturally led by any power, it can be brought to account like any other civil organization. Sue on, picket on, write your letters, members keep voting with your feet and your pocketbooks. They'll catch on or perish.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

great points JG

Yes they are human but they claim they are the ONLY religion that is not controlled by Satan. I just see that when you add all the problems up they really don't measure up the way they claim to

• bebu
    bebu

To argue from the Bible (to a JW):

Jesus said that a tree would be known by its fruit. A thornbush won't produce grapes. So, if you have been observing a tree for a few seasons and all it has produced has been thorns, not grapes, then there's the answer...

If the WTS is connected to Christ, then as Jesus said in John 15, they would bear MUCH fruit.

And looking at the 'fruit' of the WT (already mentioned above), I'd say whatever IS there is undersized, and not very much of it either.

If you want to look at things in black and white, like the WTS loves to do, then it falls to black.

bebu

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I say "yes" because if God was running it the end of the world would have came in 1914.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Hi Lady Lee, let's look at the issues here, ok?

Russell taught that he was the Faithful Slave...later Bethel said it was the 144,000. Russell said that the end is 1774...It didn't..Then Russell said 1914 would be the beginning of the end and armaggedon wasn't too far behind. Then when 1914 came and went Bethel said that Christ came to the Throne. Then the Watchtower, later, said that Beth Sariem, A huge mansion estate for all of the old prophets by 1925. Rutherford was the only one I know that actually lived there. Yet the estate was in the name of the old prophets.1925 came and went and finally sold for the embarrased due to the Watchtower Society. No..Moses, Elijah, David,ects never came by.

So the Watchtower has told us that Jehovah God is the Editor..which means Jehovah needs to check all things over, just before printing, to see the truth of the writing. So according to me, my opinion, the Watchtower's Editor just have to be having deep seated problems with himself....or the Real Jehovah is never around.

I think, my opinion again, it's all run by Satan and the False Prophet who a part of the antichrist.

BLESSING...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit