car advice

by tsunami_rid3r 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

As far as cars breaking down, it seriously has to do with the make and model. If you have a choice between a nice used car and a new piece of crap, always go for the used one. I can't STAND seeing people buying junky new Focuses and Kias when they could have a top-of-the-line used Grand Prix or Accura for the same price. It's ridiculous. Like JH said, some people simply have a 'new car' fetish. I'm SO glad that I don't have that. I bought my 'used' Grand Prix six years ago and it has never given me any problems whatsoever. It's been like brand new ever since. A real champ.

Anyway, in your case, I'd go with whatever YOU can personally afford. I know what it's like to be in debt to your parents...not through me, but my brother. Even if they DON'T say you have to pay them back, they will expect favors in return for the rest of your life. They will always think of you as 'owing' them. I have never borrowed one red cent from my parents in all my life. Seriously. The only thing I accepted outright was holiday gifts.

I think you would feel much better if you got a used car on your own. I know I did.

• Buhdee
    Buhdee

I'd go with whatevery you can afford. Will he be making all the payments or will you? Will you take it to college with you?

• damselfly
    damselfly

I'd go with the Honda, they are easy on gas, cheap to fix if they do break down and they have a great resale value as well. Are you worried that they new car is an attempt to control you? If so I would go with a cheap used car so they couldn't use it to yank my chain.

Dams

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

exactly damselfly

• juni
    juni

Excellent advice about the insurance since you are 18. Rates will be high for a Mustang. Research each option and then you can minimize your costs. juni

• chrissy
    chrissy

Honda all the way tsu...

-cheaper insurance

-higher resale value in foreign make of honda speaks volumes in itself

-seems to better fit your personality...you don't seem like a muscle-car kind of guy. Could be mistaken.

Only fair to add I am biased slightly...I go for old foreign cars every time. Afterall, my dream car is an 84 Volvo 240 DL. Can you imagine kid?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

You should check out the new SCION cars. They're made by Toyota, and you can get a brand new one LOADED for like 15,000.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

im keeping the truck. i just got a system in it. so im fine with it now.

• G Money
    G Money

Keep the truck, hey u r also in Texas. Trucks are cool!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Honda, all the way!

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit