Anyone heard of the 'Phantom Time Hypothesis'?

by IronGland 12 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

A German systems analyst who asserts that the 'Dark Ages' did not exist. The 300 years between 614 and 911 are an invention.We would then actually be living in the 18th century not the 21st. Prabably not true, but fun to think about and speculate on why the powers that be (Catholic Church) would insert 3 nonexistant centuries.

If this were true, Hasting would have taken place in 766. The new World discovered in 1192 or thereabouts. It would explain the lack of historical and archaelogical eveidence between the fall of Rome in the 5th century and the High Middle ages. http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/volatile/Niemitz-1997.pdf

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Nope!

• troucul
    troucul

1. why is there what seems to be an eternity of empty space in your post?

2. phantom time hypothesis- Yeah, where the hell did the time go? I swear 18 was just yesterday.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Time flies when you're having fun.

why is there what seems to be an eternity of empty space in your post?

That's where the missing 300 years went.

• troucul
    troucul

oh, my bad

• Mecurious?
  • IronGland
    IronGland

boost

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Cant be true, then 1914 would be off, and we all know 1914 is correct.

• Terry
    Terry

Astronomy has able means of quashing this hypothesis and has.

Where various planets and stars are/were have been plotted over the centuries and the analysis puts them exactly where they would have to be NOW.

Nice try, though.

T.

• IronGland
    IronGland

I believe if I were on the GB I would latch onto this. It would be 1705 and 'New Light' indicates Christ will assume his throne in 211 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit