Anti-Aging Update

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

see

www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=28837

Developments like this are HIGHLY significant! While nobody is close to creating a treatment to end aging NOW, that doesn't mean

they won't have one in 20 years or so. Researchers are finding natural substances that trigger an increase in natural antioxidant

production within the body, like SOD, catalase and so on. If they can straighten out the dosage and clinical effects, this could

lead to a surprizingly dramatic increase in life span and strength in the elderly. If you're interested, you should also investigate

Protandim and Glisodin and read the studies that accompany them. The other really cool thing is that, these are based on natural

substances that would be very difficult for governments ( bribed by drug companies) to ban or suppress.

Try not to get hit by a bus anytime soon ( unless you're a half senile Governing Body member reading this!). We might

have near immortality in a couple decades! Antioxidants now and stem cells later!

Science is succeeding where the Watchtower has failed!

metatron

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

This coupled with a practical application of the Hedonistic Imperative does exactly what the Watchower promises but fails to recognize. I never miss your posts, metatron. I'm afraid on topic a day and 25 replies a day is not enough for me right now and I might abandon the board, it is too frustrating, I have too much to say on this and other such topics and I can find other avenues to express myself. Thanks for the post! Edited to add: link to the Intro to the Hedonistic Imperative, which would have to go hand-in-hand with anti-aging I should think: http://www.hedweb.com/hedethic/hedonist.htm (sorry, it's a very long read)

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Nice

• Mary
    Mary
    The other really cool thing is that, these are based on natural substances that would be very difficult for governments ( bribed by drug companies) to ban or suppress.

Surely you jest on this point Metatron.....the drug companies most certainly do bribe the government to ban natural substances all the freaking time. They banned Ephedrine not too long ago, and here in Cana-duh, you can no longer get 7-Keto or DHEA, or Kava Kava. They've only recently reinstated 5-HTP up here along with L-Tyrosine.......the pharmaceutical companies will go to any lengths to supress natural remedies that they view as a threat to their industry......the one good thing seems to be that whatever natural substances they ban in Canada is still available in the States and vise-versa........I just make a trip across the border whenever I need to stock up.

I'll check out the link you posted though........sounds fascinating!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Mary are you an alchemist?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

metatron,

biogerontology is about to enter it's revolution, IMO. it's super important that the technologies are kept opensource. we would not want immortal tyrant W.A.S.P.s ruling mankind, like they practically already are.

super exciting time to live in though, i must say. Aubrey de Grey asserts that a lot of the technologies are already developed, but bringing them all together in R & D is the complex part.

TS

• Gill
    Gill

Sounds a bit like the 'Death Eaters' to me!

Wasn't Voldemort seeking immortality and so killing people to create horcruxes, (splitting his soul into many pieces so he could never die).

Now, I don't doubt that Harry Potter is all fun and fantasy BUT, are we not killing other people, ie the unborn embryos to make extra pieces of ourselves when getting stem cells. Not good!

We have to be glad that people like Sadam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin etc are all limited in their life spans!

What if the Governing Body were to never die!!!

However!!!!! I'm all for natural remedies and herbal treatments! I know they work but in the end, can we really beat our genes?

Just reading in our local paper about a fifty year old who had just had a heart transplant and will be the first male in his family for 140 year to live past 50 years old. They had all died of heart disease. Doesn't matter how many herbs and potions this man would have had, if not for the heart transplant he would probably be dead. He was programmed to die. Sad, horrible but true.

Perhaps death really is just 'the next great adventure'. Mortifyingly sad but probably forever inevitable.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    are we not killing other people, ie the unborn embryos to make extra pieces of ourselves when getting stem cells. Not good!

Stem cells can also be retrieved from the umbilical cord. I was shocked to find out that the hospital sold my placenta after I gave birth to my children . Part of it ended up in my hair conditioner (henna/placenta pack ).

sweet tee

P.S. If unused embryos, say from in-vitro fertilization are used for stem cell research rather than being discarded, what's the problem?

• Gill
    Gill

Hi sweet tee!

My problem with using 'unused embryos', which is completely not a religious view of mine, I don't do religion, God etc anymore, but my own view is that life is being created and the potential life of a human being is being 'used' to keep another person going. The life shouldn't have been created in the first place. IMHO

• Mary
    Mary

Confusedjw asked: Mary are you an alchemist?
    Na, I'm a Capricorn........how 'bout you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit