Cures for a cough??

by under74 17 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

I got hit with a cold about 2 days ago. I'm feeling much better than yesterday but I've developed this abnoxious cough. Anyone know any cures or at least know something to relieve it a little?

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

gargel with hot salt water and what ever you cough up spit it out.

• under74
    under74

How often a day should I gargel?

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Dunno if hot water with honey would work or not.

I know my singing teacher suggested something, just can't remember what!

Oh well.. I tried lol!

Evanescence

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Albuterol and Vicodin Tuss. See your doctor for recommendation.

• under74
    under74

EF- I can't afford my doctor for a couple months. But thanks.

Eva- My grandmother always said honey, lemon, hot water and a shot of whiskey. I'll try the honey, lemon and hotwater...but I don't think I could take the whiskey right now.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

hot toddies, i remember those. get some whiskey and an electric blanket and sweat it out. the gargle is more for a soar throat but the sweating thing works and make sure you get a big bottle incase you need to repeat treatment. i do it sometimes just to make sure im not sick

• under74
    under74

nta- mmm, maybe that's a good idea. In the least I'd be happy while coughing one of my lungs up

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Thats right I remember my singing teacher mentioning something about lemons.

Too young for whiskey though

Evanescence

• gespro
    gespro

When I was 3 I remember developing a bad cough at my babysitters. When I got home, my mother made me eat a bowl of raw chopped onions. I don't remember coughing after that...

Yes, I'm totally serious...about forgetting my cough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit