Matthew 24:14 and Preaching in the First Century

by Leolaia 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thinker
    thinker

Hi Leolaia,

Interesting article. I have a couple comments and questions. Concerning Paul's statement that the christian message "has been preached to all creation under heaven" (Col 1:23), could he be refering to the doctrine of attonement which has pagan origins dating back hundreds of years prior to Jesus? That is, is it a historical reference to a pagan idea that Paul was using to attract pagans to christianity?

Also, could you comment on Jesus' statement at Matt 10:23 When they persecute YOU in one city, flee to another; for truly I say to YOU , Y OU will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.

As for the "sign of the son of man", What do you think this sign was?

Thinker

• sevens
    sevens

Hi

I was think have you considered that the discovery of Cyprus is the 1st Garden of Eden and thats the location that all the scripts are pointing to. By back tracking from the location you can actually find it in the Bible and other books and the message it beholds for the current timeline which I think is a testing period and is prophecied before the event. Its like the mysteries of mysteries unravelling.

I believe it discovery is in harmony with time markers given throughout the books which gives a clear picture of the timeline we are in.

regards

sevens

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome sevens!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Awwww. We made leolaia cry. So I'll throw my two bits in.

I've been thinking of working up a discussion on the size of the world through time and culture. Bible literalists tie themselves in knots trying to prove that the "world" could have flooded entire, for instance. But what if the writer's "world" was much smaller that what we know today, thanks to satellites and telescopes? I think of surviing maps over time, and the apparent shrinkage and expansion of the "world" as explorers tried to reconcile their observations of coastlines and expanse. I think of Columbus's happy accident, that an imagined smaller world landed him in the Americas by mistake. An entire continent missed.

I believe the inspired historical writings were written in context of the people's understanding of the 'world' at the time. There is no need to blame apparent "errors" in science to a flawed god. The writings were right for their time.

P.S. Maybe narkissos is on holidays.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do you live in Cyprus, sevens?

• sevens
    sevens

Hi serendipity and jgnat

Thanks for your welcome I really apperciate it. Living in Cyprus? I would love to, sounds like a nice place to live. The reason Im here is that I really appreciated the Garden paper. I myself have been in search of the 1st Garden of Eden over 4 years ago, through the scripts. What started out to be a curiosity is turning out to be real saga for mankind.

I think all the evidence and all the clues embedded in bible and all the other books are pointing to this location. I did a quick study on the Seal of Mari and found, its a descripition of the location with all the key features of the submerged location, particulary the 12 gates and the springs on top of the Mountain of God, the submerged mountain. I really feel that we are in the end process and the markers that Im finding talk about now and the submerged location and its all connected to Jesus and his message which is all about now, at this timeline.

Reading the Garden paper was a real parallel to my research and actually I think the author is correct. However I feel what he is describing is all in type of the location of Cyprus, its discovery and purpose. Somehow I feel going to the west a little there can be found the great sign which is found in all the scripts. This is the stone, this stone temple and soon a stone will be cut out of the mountain. I feel this is Zion, the location.

Also note as a personal witness to this revealing that there has been much connection and much leading to all the knowledge that surrounds this place of Cyprus. Very much having a thought, expressing it and then finding it reflected in scripture, very much beforehand experience. being led like, bit here, but there, stone upon stone. There seems to be a time parallel going on and I feel its all about judgment of mankind, I feel we are in the testing time which is for a set time and I also get the feeling is that what is found on the hill will be undeniable and will be the witness and I feel heaven will respond as in Rev 11 and Daniel 2.

This will eventualy be the greatest and most revealing family adventures on the planet that will still be known in a thousand years, undoubtedly. The Ancients of Days and Paradise Trinity are invloved in this for sure. It all the patterns of the Father in time/space unification of God and man.

Anyway some thoughts I thought I would share with you.

regards

sevens

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit