Lowest of the low taking charge...

by FMZ 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

I.T. sucks sometimes dude. especially since it usually involves smart people like you, wiping the asses of stupid people, like managers.

but in the end, i would rather remain an underpaid minion, than take on the extra crap and larger pay cheque of a manager. you get to keep hacking, and not really care if you are crapped on now and then. at least i don't. i just chuckle to myself. and i would avoid financial debt at all costs, so that you can continue to get a nice stress free chuckle now and then.

cheers,

TS

• Carmel
    Carmel

It's interesting how the view changes the further up the montain you climb. Having worked the ladder up and down, it's invariably subjective as to what the real situation is. I've taken the position of never making sweeping generalizations about management or the clock punchers. There's good, bad and mediocre on all levels of the work spectrum. Personally, I'll take the headaches of management any day over the drudgery of intry level slogging. Never had to kiss posteriors to advance, just did my work better than my competition and never engaged in trying to destroy someone else to get ahead. You never know who might be your boss or customer tomorrow.

carmel

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My gawd, am I actually finding, myself agreeing with Carmel on something?!!! LOL

Go, go, Further Muckin Zombie!!!!!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Dude, the lower guy will ALWAYS get dumped on in one form or another.

As associates, we often think of our bosses as 'holier than thou' beings who will stand up and take responsibility. WRONG!

They're just like us, but the employment gods have smiled in their favor.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SB:
    Actually that's not how good management works. You might get individually chewed out by a manager, but one that is worth his salt will carry the can for his team, in front of the Execs.

The buck stops with the one who is allegedly responsible - blaming the team not an option, because he's part of that team - and often the easiest to replace!

Welcome to an insight into the twilight world of management...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit