Lowest of the low taking charge...

by FMZ 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Just a quick vent, ignore me.

There has been a project going on at work for 2 months. It was due for the customer by the 1st. The sales guy bought us an extension until the 10th. Yep, today (tomorrow?). There is a certain lead technician on the project that is the brother of my boss. He is disorganized and arrogant. He has taken two months to fuck this project up, and now I have to pick up the pieces. He is a lead engineer, one of three in the building. I am a NOC technician. Yep, lowly phone answerer. Tonight at 10:30 (after a 12 hour shift with overtime) I received a conference call. It was the CEO and our boss. They bitched us out, and Kun bolted. He was pissy because he said we don't need more help to the CEO and I said just the opposite, we need about 5 times more people working on this project. Keep in mind it is due tomorrow.

So there I am, the lowest of the low, taking charge of the phone call. I had to subdue the CEO and my boss, and take the plan from there and tell them exactly what we need.

There were 4 people on this call that outranked me, and not a goddamn one of them stood up.

Anyhow, I have to be in work at 4am, so I gotta go sleep.

Oh yeah. I am stoned.

FMZ

* edited to add * god damn I love a challenge

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Honestly, get used to it pal. There are about an eyedropper's amount of folks who take charge properly. Welcome to the game.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I always liked that position: the low guy, from whom nobody expected anything, coming in at the end to save day. Better than being head cheese and flubbing it. Tough about the 4 am thing

S

• FMZ
    FMZ

Confused, I don't get it mate. The job needs doing, then do it, and do it in an organized fashion...lol. Wingman :)

Satanus, thanks mate. It's a pretty awesome feeling, but I will reply to this thread at 4:05am and tell you how I feel then.

Man I just got a call from Kun. He was sucking up. lol. My boss's arrogant brother is sucking up to me.

FMZ

• Satanus
    Satanus

He's sucking up now. But, just as soon as the crisis is over you will be returned to your position at the bottom of his shoe, at least as far as he's concerned (that's my impression). The other cheezes may have a better memory.

S

• FMZ
    FMZ

Yep. The good thing is the CEO is a no shit kinda guy, and loves it when people stand up and give no bull. Kun is a bullshitshooter.

FMZ

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

FMZ..............

I understand. Been there a few times and had to put in a few 18-20 hour shifts some years ago. It pissed me off at the time but the challenge made me feel like I was ruling the world because I saved the day.

It was a much better HIGH than any assembly or KH talk I ever did.

NOW GET SOME SLEEP DAMMIT! I have to catch a plane in 13 hours for Florida again. Too hot there!

HappyDad

• FMZ
    FMZ

lol... thanks Happydad. I get the exact same rush. As fleeting as it is, it still feels good :).

FMZ

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hey FMZ. It'll do you good to take your position on the front line. Show 'em that you ain't no slouch, and can tough it out under pressure. How'ya Doin ??? FM. Make all them M&F'rs stand up and take notice.

You Go, Boiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!

jk / Make it Work FMZ.

• Mary
    Mary

I know how you feel........I do half of my boss' job because he hasn't the slightest bit of interest in doing anything administrative at all. I've got two choices: either bitch about it and make him take on some responsibility, which means I'd have to see him alot more often than I do, or I can just bite the bullet and do it myself, which means I rarely have to see him. I've decided to go with Option B. I've barely seen the idiot for the last 4 months which suits me just fine although I would appreciate it if he would tell me when he's leaving the country so I'm not spending all my time trying to track the moron down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit