My Bible Study

by slimboyfat 28 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was inactive more than 6 months. To become a publisher again I need to have a Bible Study with one of the elders. My third study was the other day. It is going okay, I suppose. I mainly try to stick to those things about which I can agree with the Witnesses. If something a little suspect comes up I try to waffle my way through. I think I made a mistake when he asked if I have set any goals for myself now since I started a new study. I said my goals were to do more housework and to get on better with my family. I don't think that was the type of goal he was looking for. This "study" could go on for months by the looks of it. I don't know if I have what it takes.

Slim

• vitty
    vitty

Why do you want to be active again. And do you HAVE to have a study again?

I dont think I could go through the knowlege book, as I have giving ppl studies with it , its would be kind of ridiculous!!!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The study is in the new "Worship" book. I thought it would be rude to refuse when the elder offered, otherwise I was happy going to the occasional meeting. Besides, if I am successfully to infiltrate this organisation, Is gotta start somewhere.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Man I would hate to live in the nightmare of indecisiveness that is your brain Slim.

GBL

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I think I made a mistake when he asked if I have set any goals for myself now a started a new study. I said my goals were to do more housework and to get on better with my family. I don't think that was the type of goal he was looking for.

Definately not what he wanted to hear because the only goals to keep in mind are "spiritual" goals. This of course means keeping up with their reading/meeting/service demands, i.e. the Kissass policy.

As you know, your own normal life goals are what will benefit you and your family.

• blondie
    blondie
    I was inactive more than 6 months.

And do you HAVE to have a study again?

You have to realize that by the time 6 months has passed, the WTS has made several major changes; the light is always getting brighter.

km 11/98 p. 7 Question Box ***

Since the student is a baptized person, generally the study need not be continued for a prolonged period of time. The goal is to assist the inactive one to resume attendance at all congregation meetings and to become a regular publisher of the good news.

• defd
    defd

if I am successfully to infiltrate this organisation, Is gotta start somewhere.

and what is that suppossed to mean?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    and what is that suppossed to mean?

Ssssh... it is all hush hush

• defd
    defd

According to Hebrews 4:13 There is not a creation that is not manifest to his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting.

So whatever your planning, dont waste your time, for it will fail because Jehovah God and his son Jesus knows!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol @ dfed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit