The Jay-Dub GRIN

by GetBusyLiving 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Hey GBL,that grin was meant to be guilt-inducing to "incite to love and fine works,not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together....."

Oh well I guess we just didn't get it.

• Apathy
    Apathy

I think they re-named that grin the '-lastname- Grin' in my Hall. My mom has trouble getting to meetings all the time bcause I like to 'help' because she's a single parent working full-time. I usually go hide in the car when that happens. Occasionally I hit the Elders.
    Did I mention I also patented 'Elder Abuse' in my Hall? xDD;
    Which reminds me, I need to find a clean, non-wrinkled, matching skirt for tonight. I are giving talk as holder of house.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That grin was meant to send you to the background of jw society as a punishment for not being a good slave of the super rich WTS big business corporation. You missed a lot of training sessions and fell behind your work as a sales person of this printing business. They cunningly tell you your spirituality is getting weak and you risk losing out on eternal life.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They're the only people I've ever met who smiled and laughed for no reason. Them and the acid heads I knew in high school.

W

Acid Head or JW? Since they are both deluding themselves I don't see much difference between the two.

• daystar
    daystar
    Acid Head or JW? Since they are both deluding themselves I don't see much difference between the two.

Except trippers may actually claim to see and speak with God. JWs are only to have a relationship with the WTS.

• nvrgnbk
  • chickpea
    chickpea

even the pre-teens have captured the essence of that facial contortion!

walking past a counter in the local grocery store, i hailed to cashier ( small town ) ... there was a kid at the counter, with a toque and winter coat..... he turned to look at me and recognized me from the hall..... "hey..... you havent been to meetings lately?" ..... ya think??? try 3 years little borg..... i havent been there since before you grew body hair........

as was said in another post, no inquiry as to how i or my family fares, just pointing out the obvious shortcomings of a fader.... in public!!!

reminds me of my dear old maternal unit's sweet voice saying>>>> wipe that smirk off your face before i come over there and do it for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit