Graveside Service

by AuntieJane 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Auntie....

My, but what a 'pagan' song that is....how could you even THINK of having someone sing such a beautiful wonderful uplifing song.\

( one of my favorites....do what YOU want to do)

my 2 cents (but then again, I was never a dub)...

D.E.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Auntie,

Fo da dub it aint da song its da source. Even Satan quoted scriptcha ya nose! Get wit da program ya slaka!

Silly dubs they hang onto the dumbest reasoning. Nice your cuzin will keep the peace. Typical elder flip flop though. "Let your yes mean yes and your no mean no." another scriptcha.

W.Once

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Well we made it thru the service. To the elder's credit, he was a sincere good friend to Auntie, and very emotional. I know they (he and his wife) really cared about her money. No, I shouldn't say that....I truly did feel his sadness.

He said a few good words then got into the propaganda. We are all sinners, thanks to Adam. blah blah. I had my Bible (never have taken it to a funeral before)...and read along in Romans, would like to have raised my hand and asked him to continue on, because it got pretty good, about the everlasting life Christ has for ALL of us, etc. Oh well...

Cousin did not sing at the service but sang at the dinner, which ended up being in the Methodist church hall, so NO JW's attended, god forbid.

I was happy to do some anti-JW educating at the table...about the 144,000; the Memorial (No one had heard of it)...the flip flopping. Seems he had boxes of old literature, I told a close cousin that I would love to have the hard bound books. They invited me to come and slip out what I wanted, but they had already told the elder in charge he was welcome to have them. If they'd only known more at the time, they said they would have burned them.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The service should be about the deceased, however why do things their way (i.e. jdubs) you are the family and have a say so too, why should everything be done their way.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I am glad to hear things went ok at the funeral even though the dubs managed to get their way and your cousin didn't sing the most beautiful song of praise to our Lord and Savior. Best wishes on your anti-witnessing. I was trapped in the JW cult for 15 years and left when I discovered so much that was wrong about their beliefs and doctrines. Besides, I wanted to worship Jesus and that is a BIG NO NO in Dubland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit