Many many books from library on 586/87

by ithinkisee 129 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

All that you are doing with the figuresis manipulatiing the data to support false chronology. We simply do not what methods were used at the time and this is a bone of contention amongst scholars. Whatever the case your method is unhistorical so the manipulation of figure ignore the plain stated facts of scripture that it was only in Jehoiakim's fourth year coinciding with Neb's first which is believed to be his accession year. So the event of Daniel 1:1 does not synchronize with Jeremiah 25:1Neb's first year is said to be his accession year which means Jehoiakim's third year of Daniel must precede Neb's events in Jeremiah 25:1. Your tabulation of the data is well known to me but it looks on paper but it is an illusion, a conjurer's trick.

As celebrated WT scholars have told you that one must get the history right first before the chronology.

scholar JW

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    celebrated WT scholars

Wouldn't that be creature worship?

-ithinkisee

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    All that you are doing with the figuresis manipulatiing the data to support false chronology.

Only once you have a complete chronology for the Neo-Babylonian period do you have the right to accuse me of that.

We simply do not what methods were used at the time and this is a bone of contention amongst scholars.

Assuming that that was meant to say "we simply do not know what methods...", than that admission certainly takes away from the Society's extremely tenuous interpretation that Daniel referred to some point other than from the beginning of Jehoiakim's reign if the Society has no basis for saying that such a method would be used. (And no-one reading the verse without bias would assume that it refers to anything other than the beginning of his reign kingship.)

Whatever the case your method is unhistorical so the manipulation of figure ignore the plain stated facts of scripture that it was only in Jehoiakim's fourth year coinciding with Neb's first which is believed to be his accession year. So the event of Daniel 1:1 does not synchronize with Jeremiah 25:1Neb's first year is said to be his accession year which means Jehoiakim's third year of Daniel must precede Neb's events in Jeremiah 25:1. Your tabulation of the data is well known to me but it looks on paper but it is an illusion, a conjurer's trick.

"A conjurer's trick."?? I suppose that to troglodytes, electric lighting might look like a conjuror's trick too. It is only a 'trick' in that it is inconsistent with the Society's views. I can't dumb the math down any more for you I'm afraid. If you don't understand that Daniel's use of the accession-year system takes one year off both Nebuchadnezzar (from 1st to accession) and Jehoiakim (from 4th to 3rd) then you really aren't much of a scholar.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Jeffro and ITIS --

Two years ago Scholar and I were involved in a long discussion of these same issues. The posts regarding malkhuth start about halfway down page 7 and go all the way through page 14. I cited some technical references in the course of the discussion which I think would be of interest to both of you. Earnest, Alan, Gamaliel, Sim, and others were also involved. I think it makes for fun reading. (Page 7 starts slowly, but the action picks up on the next pages.)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/54983/7.ashx

Marjorie

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Thanks for the link Alleymom. I had a massive sense of deja vu when I started reading. Scholar just rehashes the same wrong information over and over again.

Scholar, at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/54983/818192/post.ashx#818192 when requested to provide "a chart of Babylonian king and their reigns with their respective dates" you replied with a request to "post the reigns and dates for the Divided Monarchy for Judah and Israel."

As we both know, I have answered that 'challenge', so I will be expecting your detailed chart of Babylonian kings any minute now. On that chart, please also indicate the years of reign of Hophra and Amasis as well. And obviously because you have such a definitive chronology to rely on, there will be no need for big gaps with question marks next to them. If you state any reigns that are not accepted in standard chronology, I would like to see your source material. Thanks.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

I understand perfectly your presentation of the non accession with the accession method in synchronizing Daniel 1:1 and Jeremiah 25:1 but this interpretation is useless because the history is wrong as I have already explained because the events ar not similar. Also, the methodology uses is also flawed because some scholars argue that the first year of Neb is identical to Neb's acc year so your tabulation simply fails, it is simply not a matter of arithmetic but a fudging of the figures.

scholar JW

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Scholar,

With deepest respect, please post a chart of Babylonian king and their reigns with their respective dates, as so far you have convinced me that the watchtower societies date are incorrect. I've tried to make them work using unbiased materials and have always ended up with a missing twenty years.

It would be so great to see how the commen view of neo-babylonian dates are incorrect.

steve

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Yeah, "celebrated" WT-scholar. Please provide your full chronology. I`m curious, as to where you place those 20 missing years. Please provide us with the lengths of the reigns of the 5 Babylonian kings during this period.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I understand perfectly your presentation of the non accession with the accession method in synchronizing Daniel 1:1 and Jeremiah 25:1 but this interpretation is useless because the history is wrong

You have not explained "how the history is wrong" at all, you have only stated how it is not consistent with the Society's teachings.

as I have already explained because the events ar not similar.

LOL. Are you suggesting that only one event can happen in a year?

Also, the methodology uses is also flawed because some scholars argue that the first year of Neb is identical to Neb's acc year so your tabulation simply fails, it is simply not a matter of arithmetic but a fudging of the figures.

You are saying I am wrong because some scholars disagree. None agree with the Society. I'll let people draw their own conclusion on this one.

But because of all of the other factors involved, you are wrong whether I am right or not.

Still waiting on your "chart of Babylonian king and their reigns with their respective dates"

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

The history is wrong you dummy because in Jehoiakim's 'third' regnal year according to your understanding of Daniel 1:1, Nebuchadnezzer was then the King of Babylon but a Crown Prince. It was not until Jehoiakim's fourth year than Nebuchadnezzer became king according to Jeremiah 25:1. Remember, accurate history makes accurate chronology!

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit