Many many books from library on 586/87

by ithinkisee 129 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I have listed all the books I found at the library that mention 586/87 as the fall of Jerusalem. There are probably even more.

I was also able to link to all of them (except the first one listed) on Amazon.com! Many are out of print or unavailable as NEW books but you can buy almost ALL OF THEM USED on Amazon.com ... some are only $10-12 each! Very cool!

Enjoy!

-ithinkisee

The Archeology of Ancient Israel, Amnon ben-Tor (ed.), Yale:1992.pages mentioning 586: 354,372

Antiquity : The Civilization of the Ancient World (Hardcover)by Norman F. Cantor

Hardcover: 256 pages

Publisher: HarperCollins; 1st edition (September 1, 2003)

Language: English

ISBN: 0060174099

pages mentioning 586: 76-79

City of the Great King: Jerusalem from David to the Present (Hardcover)by Nitza Rosovsky

Hardcover: 562 pages

Publisher: Harvard University Press (March 1, 1996)

ISBN: 0674131908

pages mentioning 586: forward has a chronology. Also pgs: 12-14

A Brief History of the Human Race (Paperback)

by Michael Cook

ISBN: 0393326454

pages mentioning 586: pgs 138,139

Jerusalem Blessed, Jerusalem Cursed: Jews, Christians and Muslims in the Holy City from David's Time to Our Own

by Thomas A. Idinopulos

Hardcover: 384 pages

Publisher: Ivan R. Dee, Publisher (August, 1991)

ISBN: 0929587669

pages mentioning 586: pgs 51-53

The Rescue of Jerusalem: The Alliance of Hebrews and Africans in 701 B.C.

by Henry Aubin, Henry Trocme Aubin

Hardcover: 450 pages

Publisher: Soho Press (May 1, 2002)

ISBN: 1569472750

pages mentioning 586: pgs 278,279

Jerusalem : One City, Three Faithsby Karen Armstrong

Hardcover

Publisher: Knopf (May 7, 1996)

ISBN: 0679435964

pages mentioning 586: pgs 76,77

Jerusalem, City of Mirrors

by Amos Elon

Hardcover: 286 pages

Publisher: Little Brown & Co (T); 1st ed edition (September 1, 1989)

ISBN: 0316233889

pages mentioning 586: pgs 158,159

Holy Land, Whose Land? : Modern Dilemma, Ancient Roots (Hardcover)by Dorothy W. Drummond

Hardcover: 352 pages

Publisher: Fairhurst Press (April 15, 2004)

ISBN: 0974823317

pages mentioning 586: pg 94,95

Civilization Before Greece and Rome (Paperback)by H. Saggs

Paperback: 352 pages

Publisher: Yale University Press; Reprint edition (January 23, 1991)

ISBN: 0300050313

pages mentioning 586: pgs 16,17

Civilizations of the Middle East (History of the World) (School & Library Binding)by Raintree Steck-Vaughn Publishers

Publisher: Steck-Vaughn (April 1, 1989)

ISBN: 0817233032

pages mentioning 586: pg. 42 (this is a elementary school book)

Temple beyond time;: The story of the site of Solomon's Temple at Jerusalemby Mina C Klein

Unknown Binding: 191 pages

Publisher: Van Nostrand Reinhold Co (1970)

ASIN: B0006CK7JG

pages mentioning 586: pgs 68,69,72,73,74

Jerusalem Besieged : From Ancient Canaan to Modern Israel (Hardcover)by Eric H. Cline

Hardcover: 432 pages

Publisher: University of Michigan Press (September 17, 2004)

ISBN: 0472113135

pages mentioning 586: Timetable at front of book. Also pgs. 56-69, 296,297 (much detail!)

Return to Babylon: Travelers, Archaeologists, and Monuments in Mesopotamia (Hardcover)

by Brian M. Fagan

Hardcover: 300 pages

Publisher: Little Brown & Co (T); 1st ed edition (November 1, 1979)

ISBN: 0316273066

pages mentioning 586: pgs 16,17

Discovering Ancient Egypt (Hardcover)

by Rosalie David

Hardcover: 192 pages

Publisher: Facts on File (March 1, 1994)

ISBN: 0816031053

pages mentioning 586: 172 (and synchs with Egyptian Chronology)

• Honesty
    Honesty

The real date is 607 BCE because the Faithful Discreet Slave says so.

• Sheri
    Sheri

ithinkisee- Thanks so much for the list.

Add to your list a simple history book with timeline on each page that I got on sale at Borders & Books: Investigate World History, This is a Dempsey Parrr Book published in 2000, authors ANita Ganeri, Hazel Mary Martell, Brian Williams.

I just happened to have bought this on sale and when it came to my attention last year on History Channel program on God that Jerusalem fell in 586/587 BCE, I went to this book expecting to see 607BCE and found out it read 586BCE. So started my quest for truth.

Peace

Sheri

• garybuss
    garybuss

I did a search on the name Jehovah one time. Here we have a Baptist seminary with a rather large library. I filled up a binder with copies. The name is a mistake, 607 is a mistake, the whole religion is a mistake.
    The 607 stuff isn't relevant anymore anyway. I think the creative day chronology went in the dumpster when the Society accepted the old earth concept in the Reasoning From The Scriptures book in the 1980's. They want it both ways. It's laughable.

• scholar
    scholar

ithinkisee

I am surpised that you do not provide a list of books that support 589 and 588 for the Fall of Jerusalem as possible candidates in addition to the problematic dates of 586 and 587. Despite the fact that the Jonsson hypothesis has been advocating 587 for more than twenty years with its self-procalimed evidence, the precise year of the Fall of Jerusalem remains unknown. WT scholars demonstrate by means of the biblical evidence that the precise year is 607 which is proven by the fulfillment of prophecy with the Gentile Times expiring in 1914 which introduced an unprecedented woes for mankind ever since. Therfore, 607 is the only viable date for that epochal event in the sixth century BCE.

scholar JW

• lawrence
    lawrence

Scholar-

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. You stated: "Therfore, 607 is the only viable date for that epochal event in the sixth century BCE."

In that light, you believe the event to have happened in the 6th century BCE, exactly - 587/586. What century is 607 BCE in? I think you finally have agreed with Jonsson...now it's time (as difficult as it may be) to say, "they messed up. The WTS is wrong." Repeat after me - "they messed up. The WTS is wrong."

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Scholar,

I'm surprised you didn't provide me a list of books showing support for 607 BC as the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem.

Oh wait ... there aren't any.

I'm surprised you didn't provide me a list of scriptures that support 607 BC as the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem.

Oh wait ... there aren't any.

-ithinkisee

PS: I didn't find any books that show 588 or 589. I woudl be interested in those too. But even still - that is much closer than 607 BC.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

A few more from my files:

The Encyclopaedia Americana – Volume 16 Page 31
    “Nebuchadnezzar …destroyed Jerusalem … in 586 B.C.E.”

Light From the Ancient Past – Jack Finnegan – Page 223
    “The final destruction of the city (Jerusalem) was in …586 B.C.E.”

The Story of Ancient Nations – W.L. Westerman – Page 69
    “Finally, in the year 586 B.C.E. Jerusalem itself was taken.”

Encyclopaedia Britannica – Volume 15 – Pages 383
    “On the 7th day of the fifth month 586 B.C.E. Jerusalem was destroyed.”

Yale Oriental Series Researches – Vol. XV
    “Jerusalem fell in 586 B.C.E.”

History of the Hebrews – F.K. Saunders
    “In July 586 B.C.E…a breach was made in the wall of Jerusalem.”

Unger, Merrill, F., Unger's Bible Dictionary, Moody Press, Chicago, 1966, page 782
    "...Nebuchadnezzar promptly invaded his unhappy country and besieged Jerusalem for a year and a half. In 587 Jerusalem fell and numbers of its inhabitants were carried away captive to Babylonia..."

-ithinkisee

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Despite the fact that the Jonsson hypothesis has been advocating 587 for more than twenty years with its self-procalimed evidence, the precise year of the Fall of Jerusalem remains unknown. WT scholars demonstrate by means of the biblical evidence that the precise year is 607 which is proven by the fulfillment of prophecy with the Gentile Times expiring in 1914 which introduced an unprecedented woes for mankind ever since

Interesting choice of words. You used the phrase "the Jonsson-hypothesis", in your attempt at making it sound like his views on the matter is just "one of many views", and that the 586/587-date is his personal, and definitely disputable "hypothesis". Well, guess what, "Scholar": There is no "Jonsson-hypothesis". There is a Jonsson, who, in spite of massive Watchtower-propaganda, has tried to educate witnesses and ex-witnesses about what serious, academic research has shown to be the fact. There is a Jonsson who tries to at least get the info out there (to the poor souls trapped in witnoid-hell), that the entire rest of the world, and the entire world of academia agrees on one thing, that Jerusalem fell in 586 or 587! Even the WTbts taught this, once upon a time, until they realised that by changing it to 607, they could get a magical number from the bible (2520 years) to fit in with the 1914-doctrine, which originally was taught to be the year Armageddon would come, not Christs invisible presence, because at that time, Christ presence was taught to have been in place since 1874!

So, just for fun, Scholar: Show us just one book, written by a serious academic, that says Jerusalem fell in 607 (Furuli doesn`t count, because he`s a JW)!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Scholar?

Books. We want books ....

C'mon ... there's gotta at least be one, right?

-ithinkisee

(Sad ... there isn't even a WT book that can prove it.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit