They wonder why they are losing people???

by LongHairGal 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• out of the box
    out of the box

zagor,

I agree with your post, well said!

out of the box

• zagor
    zagor

Thanks guys, well its obvious they don't have anywhere else to go that's why they keep coming back to this site even though they are "disgusted" by their own presence here. How pathetic is that!?!

• sinis
    sinis

Damn, if I had it all over to do again I would have bought a $2.00 bottle of Jergens and saved my money (and mental health). Count your friend fortunate that he has not been "chained" down. There is something to be said of those who are free and single...

• DHL
    DHL
    That is very common in the organization. I have seen several elders with wifes 12 years younger than them.

That makes it easier for the guy to feel like "head of the household" as a much younger wife tends to look up at him and wouldn't dare to question his position.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Oh, did I mention that this young man is one who dropped out of college (against everyone's advice) to pursue theocratic things? He keeps saying that this system couldn't go on much longer.

That's another thing that gets me. How are the brothers supposed to support a family nowadays with no education?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

My 2 best friends from my teenager years both married men 12-14 years older than them. Both ministerial servants on the fast track to elder-hood. Groan.

The dating pool is extremely small and of course dating isn't to be recreational, just for marriage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit