They wonder why they are losing people???

by LongHairGal 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

SO many of my ex-friends would complain about not having any girls in their hall. I knew an older guy that would literally cry himself to sleep at night. It was sickeningly funny too that the DUmBS he worked with would laugh and make fun of him for never getting laid. All those jokers were married at 18 and just thought they were the shit. Their wives were boring and stupid. I had to have an inactive girlfriend on the side - couldn't handle the insanity. Those poor horny single bastards are screwed (not literally)

GBL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Marrying only in the lord does make things very hard for a lot of people.

I've seen a lot of JW women in their forties who have never married because the women seem to outnumber the men here. And many of them won't consider a "worldly" man. They also seemed to be better educated than the men in the congregation, and had very good jobs.

Probably the exemplary™ pioneer™ brothers™ were too intimidated by these women with a brain and greater earning potential.

W

• FairMind
    FairMind

Male or female it is hard to find a suitable marriage mate in the JW organization once you are older (35 on up). The younger ones are semi-taboo and people your own age are either married or not married because of emotional hangups. I was in that situation, being divorced at age 43. Fortunately after being single-again for 12 years, I met a sister seven years my junior whose husband had died. She is a fantastic wife and only semi-brainwashed.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

This side of the ocean, there is a huge surplus of girls ............. so come on over!

• out of the box
    out of the box

There is still something in the air about the 'posts' I have just read here that smacks of JW brotherhood. The 'good ole boys' network that is disquised as a religion.

I felt a sense of aquiring a 'wife' as something to attain like a possession! The JW teachings are deep brothers, and it shows! And of course your rationalizing would be that the woman be younger because she is 'dumber' at being smart! Never mind her 'virgin' status and youthful looks, that wouldn't have anything to do with it would it? Submission is what some of you are looking for which is why I am sure you joined the JWs! I did not ready any posts that said I have met some great women friends over the years and learned a lot about them. It is like shopping for you guys in JWs isn't it? No need to learn how women are, after all the one you pick won't have a mind of her own will she because she may stand up to you!!! All you worry about is that she will continue to put up and shut up.

A woman on the other hand has to worry about whether the man will beat her in private, boss her around, not let her have any life at all outside the home. And she has to 'put out' to fullfill her husband's needs. TALL ORDER for JW women! There is no exchange is there, JW brothers don't even have to worry about wives going to the elders to squeel, cause they won't listen to the lowly female complaining. Locked up tight isn't it? It's a wonder that men don't go to JWs in droves to collect these submissive, 1/2 drone women that are turned out in KHs! Of course I am not referring to the ones noted here that are genuine Christians and are doing their best to survive in this crazy world despite the fact that they are in the JWs.

out of the box

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

He must pray whole heartedly for self control, and instead devote his life to Jehovah the WBTS. tut, surely he can do this easily......

(groan)

• zagor
    zagor

I think we aint seen nothing yet. Already there's a great decline in meeting attendance which is only a first step out for many. This religion has left love and brtherhood loooong time ago and the only thing that is holding it together is feer from being marked or DfD and rules and regulations.

• zagor
    zagor

I would like to add that even the fact that we have so many people coming to this site as lurkers or occasional defenders of WTBS is a proof in itself that they could not find adequate companionship inside their congregations and WTBS in general otherwise they wouldnt be here. So their very presence is evidence enough that love, brotherhood and companiounship is virtually non-existant among rank and file dubs. Isn't that right JCanon, defd, scholar and others? You need us and this site even if it is for argumentation and debate, you could't ever dream of having such deep discussion inside borg could you? We are your true family. :)

• lawrence
    lawrence

zagor-

I think you hit the nail on the head! Bravo!

• FairMind
    FairMind
    the only thing that is holding it together is feer from being marked or DfD and rules and regulations.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being absolutely wrong and 10 being absolutely correct the above statement by Zagor is an 8.7.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit