A thinking, reasoning person........

by wordlywife 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

The debate with my husband over my step-daughter's df has begun, just barely. He used a phase about me being "a thinking, reasoning person" and he doesn't understand why I don't "see" bible principles. I said that phrase is an insult to me, and then it went sour. I said I couldn't understand how a parent could shun their own child? He said love for God has to be greater than love for your children. I am sick about this, and know it will escalate. This preogressed into a discussion about my children from another marriage, and them dating in the future, etc.

The scriptural references everyone gave me in an earlier posting will probably make the most impact, and I thank you for them. My husband is a 20+ year witness and I sometimes wonder how he can still be one, when clearly he went againt his "love for Jehovah" by leaving his JW wife and kids and marrying me?!!??? And I will NEVER be a witness and he knows this. Isn't this like marrying a Satan worshipper, in the witness view?

Help...........

WW

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    "a thinking, reasoning person"

OOOO...it irritates me to no end when a JW tried to pull that condescending crap with me. My wife used to do that, and then feign not understanding whats implicated by the veiled inference..........until I started beating her to the punch in using it to make a point.

She didn't like the tables being turned against her.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    "a thinking, reasoning person"

Oh my gawd, you've got a brain!

You're not supposed to think and reason, just accept what they tell you. If you choose otherwise, you will not be brainwashed meek and lowly.

I used to be there.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    he went againt his "love for Jehovah" by leaving his JW wife and kids and marrying me?!!

It's no big deal for a JW to sin DELIBERATELY to get what they want. They can justify it. I personally know of dubs who have committed adultery knowing that after 6 months of being d'fed they can get reinstated and remarry SCRIPTUALLY rather than just NOT being d'fed and settling for celibacy. You cannot REASON with Mr WorldlyWife, he's pre-programmed.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

My husband is a 20+ year witness and I sometimes wonder how he can still be one, when clearly he went againt his "love for Jehovah" by leaving his JW wife and kids and marrying me?!!???

Was he DF'd in the past for this? If I remember correctly if he divorced his JW wife to marry you, he will never be an elder as long as his former wife is still alive.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I would suggest that you read the book 'In Search Of Christian Freedom' by Raymond Franz. From pages 326-332 it talks about shunning.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

I have Crisis of Conscience. I haven't delved into it fully yet.....I will investigate the other book, thank you.

95Stormfront I sent you a PM...........

Worldly

• trevor
    trevor

Wordlywife

You would probably not welcome the advice I would give you - so I’ll just say don’t allow yourself to be emotionally blackmailed.

Look after yourself .

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

If your husband left his JW wife to marry you, then he also should have been DFed. Upon re-entry to the BORG, he should have never been allowed to have responsibilities, until after his former wife died.

As such, he should have a little more empathy than he does. It sounds like he is trying to maintain a strict adherance to Watchtower policies to save position in the congregation. This is very common among members who have previously sinned and been openly punished in the congregation. They are more concerned with personal APPERANCES among their JW peers, than with anything else.

Such ones are some of the MOST succeptable to WTBTS programming. I doubt you will ever change his mind.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Yes, he was df'd for 2 1/2 years for leaving his wife, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit