All about appearances, another thing I hate about people...

by wanderlustguy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    and damn tired of being embarrassed by them looking every single woman from head to toe like she's a steak or something.

When society stops raising boys to feel this way about women, the world might move forward.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

None of it's a problem for me.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I have had experience of several religions, but only the JWs are obsessed with outward appearances.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

The group of men you were with may well have been pigs, but I think that some of what you're talking about is simply typical male behavior. Men and women are different creatures in many fundamental ways (and in most cases, I say "Vive la difference!"), and while the crudeness may have run to the extreme due to pack mentality, I still believe that most men won't stick around to discover the inner beauty in a woman unless there's something in the outer package that convinces them a deeper look might be in order.

There's an old bit of wisdom that states: Men fall in love with women they find attractive. Women become increasingly attracted to men they fall in love with. I've found it to be true, personally.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wanderlustguy:

Yes, I have noticed that about guys. They are very critical and cruel towards women who are not good looking. But what gets me is that in most instances the guys making these types of comments are nothing to look at themselves. Why, they must have a magic mirror! When I have been in a public place and overheard some crude remark about a woman passing by I have checked out the guys making the remarks and they are usually unattractive.

I wonder if it is all revenge for rejection they have suffered.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes! And I'd like to add that it is a real turn-off to be looked at as a piece of meat.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit