prophecor

Secks

• minimus
    minimus

Sex?

• sf
    sf

Well, since you asked...

Today marks 28 years of being "officially" disfellowshipped.

And counting!

I use this date as a benchmark because I cannot recall the actual date it was announced at a meeting, officially.

I'm just trying to think back on this day when I was literally driven miles away from my home and all I knew as a child. It's weird that I'm still in the midst of 'it'.

Have a good day mini.

sKally

• minimus
    minimus

Happy D Day!

• ballistic
    ballistic

It's my anniversary of finding this web site. How can I forget.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Sucks, damn, keep mistyping the....yes Sex,

Dammit u instead the e thing, again

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

It's my second anniversary for being on JWD, Mini. I missed the first one somehow.

Frannie

• sf
    sf

LOLOL! Minimus. You ass.

sKally

• Terry
    Terry

The authorship of the theme is attributed to a guy named Monty Norman. He was a kind of minor tunesmith who penned British musicals of moderate success. However, the real genius behind the James Bond sound (and the guy who took a fragment of an idea from Norman which the producers of Dr.No rejected) was John Barry. He scored the succeeding films thereafter: From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Diamonds are Forever, etc.

John Barry was (and is) a genius for his innovative filmscores. But, he has never earned penny one on perhaps his greatest accomplishment: The James Bond Theme.(edited to insert: as composer )

Barry went on to win five Academy Awards including Born Free, The Lion in Winter, Out of Africa and Dances with Wolves---but, his James Bond Theme is the real stunner among the others.

A court battle took place a few years back when the Times of London was sued by Monty Norman for printing an article that gave credit to Barry as the "real" composer of the James Bond Theme.

All the witnesses who could verify John Barry's true contribution were, alas, dead or unavailable to corroborate his story. Norman gave his own testimony with great wit and charm and even sang for the jury who ate his performance like bon-bons. The Times lost the suit and the legend continues.

This is what is on my mind.

John Barry deserves more credit!

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit