Witnesses dont ask for help (ha ha)

by buffalosrfree 14 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

We are visiting down in province and my wife much to my displeasure on her last few visits has been donating money to the building of a new kingdom hall, of course this has been going on for a couple of years. well when they found out we had arrived, this elder comes around to visit and it wasnt hi how are you it was "hi I would like to offer you an opportunity to donate once again to our building fund", then he got around to asking how we were doing and were we enjoying our visit. what a buch of bull. We declined then, and a day or so later this sister stops by who is pioneering there and she and my wife had previously been out in service together and she told my wife that elder so and so had to step down and my wife of course asked why, well its seems like the elders wife had been taking 20% of the money my wife had given to the brothers (this elder collected it) for the building of the new hall, his conscience finally got the better of him after the pioneer sister had told them to p.o. that my wife had given such and such amount and wasnt that great, I would have loved to see the look on the face of the p.o. when he realized that some of the money had been used for personal reasons. Well so much for their not asking for donations. The elder stpd by agan and wanted to know if we were going to donate and i unequivically told him no, no way, call the society they are filfthy rich, and just where is all the money going that has been donated for the building funds????? thats it folds take care.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Well, Buff? Besides that little byte of info, what amazes me to this day is the fact that individual members haven't caught on to the sly way the society heirarchy are producing and keeping the KH's. The WTS gets donations from individual members and congs, sometimes via KH building funds collections. Then the WTS turns around and LOANS the donations and funds BACK to the ppl that DONATED IT IN THE FIRST place to build KH's they'll NEVER own!!! And the Society, which only COLLECTED the FUNDS, then requires the cong members to quick build the KH's, donating their labor FREELY, and to PAY BACK that which belonged to the members in the FIRST place!!!

Frannie

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

frannie, is this something that can be proved?

Let me give you a bit of background here,...I went downtown (Tucson, AZ) and looked up the hall where I was affiliated with at the time. It was listed under 3 prominent elders names. I also, within the last year talked to my mom, and she said that my dad, who takes care of the books for their hall, said that the hall is registered in current elders names but that it does not revert to the society.

What can we believe? Where is the proof? I know in my heart that the society finances, charges interest (which I thought was against biblical views) and then, when the place was paid off the society receives the title in their name.

What is the current thoughts on this?

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

DAC check this out. Any cong. getting a loan from the WT must adopt these bylaws. HCM

BY-LAWS of the xxxxxxx CONGREGATION OF

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES INC.

The members of the xxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx, a religious corporation of the State of xxxxxxxxx, at a meeting duly called for the purpose of adopting bylaws for the Corporation on the xxt h day of xxxxx 2005, adopted the following bylaws: These following bylaws will replace all existing bylaws and amended bylaws.

ARTICLE 1. NAME

1. The Corporation shall be known as the xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Inc.

ARTICLE 2. PURPOSE

1. To provide a suitable place of meeting and worship for members of the Corporation, to provide for religious services and to foster an educational program for the purpose of assisting the members of the Corporation mentally and morally, and by dissemination of literature in various languages for the purpose of study, and in connection with this purpose to acquire, own and hold real and personal property and to maintain places and buildings for the main purpose of this Corporation.

2. The property of this Corporation is irrevocably dedicated to religious purposes, and no part of the net earnings or assets of this corporation shall inure to the benefit of a director, officer, or member of the Corporation or any private individual. No substantial part of the activities of this Corporation shall consist of the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, nor shall this Corporation participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office. This Corporation is organized exclusively for religious purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Articles, the Corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (1) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code) or (2) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170 (c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code).

3. Upon the winding up and dissolution of this Corporation, after paying or adequately providing for debts and obligations of the Corporation, the remaining assets shall be distributed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. No assets will be deemed to be received by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., until such acceptance is evidenced in writing. If Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York Inc., is not then in existence and exempt under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code), then said assets shall be distributed to any organization designated by the ecclesiastical Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses that is organized and operated for religious purposes and is a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding section of any future United States tax code).

ARTICLE 3. MEMBERSHIP

1. Only those persons will be eligible for corporation membership who are fully dedicated to Almighty God Jehovah, baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and who are completely in harmony with the scripturally sound doctrines and organization instructions set forth by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, and who report ministerial activity to the xxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Anyone meeting these requirements who is of full age shall be designated a member of the Corporation; persons not meeting these requirements shall not be, nor deemed to be, members of this corporation. Any member who moves from the Congregation, becomes inactive in the congregation, disassociates himself from Jehovah’s Witnesses, or is disfellowshipped from the congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses according to the rules and regulations of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., shall be automatically removed from membership in the Corporation without need of his resignation.

ARTICLE 4. MEETINGS

1. The annual meeting of the Corporation shall be held immediately following the regular Service Meeting of the Congregation in xxxx of each year, or if, because of conditions which the congregation has no control, such day is inconvenient, then at a subsequent Service Meeting in May to be designated by the President of which the members shall have at least fifteen (15) days notice; or upon such other day of the week as may be from time to time provided in the bylaws of the Corporation. The Officers shall cause notice of the time and place of the annual meeting to be given to the members. Such notice to be given at the regular Service Meeting on each of the two successive weeks next preceding such meetings, or by posting notice in the congregation’s information board. All meetings of the members shall be held at the Kingdom Hall.

2. At any regular meeting of the Congregation a special meeting may be called by a majority vote of the members present, or any other times by the President or on request of five members.

3. Notice of special meeting may be given by announcement at a regular congregation meeting or by posting notice on the congregation’s information board or personally or by mail.

4. A majority of the members of the Corporation, present at any meeting for which notice has been duly given, shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of all business.

ARTICLE 5. DUTIES AND POWERS OF OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS

1. The corporation’s powers shall be exercised and the Corporation’s business shall be directed, conducted, and controlled by 7 members of the Corporation. A President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and a board of three (3) directors.

2. The Officers shall have the power to conduct, direct, and control the affairs of the Corporation, to call special meetings of the Officers if the demands of the Corporation make it necessary; to negotiate and enter into contracts and do all necessary acts and things necessary or expedient in carrying out the purposes of the Corporation; to select a bank for depository of the funds of the Corporation; to determine the manner of receiving, depositing, and disbursing the funds of the Corporation and the persons to whom funds may be withdrawn. No major indebtedness, however, shall be incurred without the consent of the majority of the members.

3. The President and the Secretary are authorized to execute all official instruments for the Corporation by affixing the name and seal of the corporation and signing their names as President and Secretary, respectively.

4. In exercising any of the powers herein conferred upon the Officers, they shall act in harmony and unity with the Body of Elders of the xxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxx and as directed by the Corporation by vote of its members.

5. When a vacancy occurs, the remaining Officers shall appoint any qualified member to fill such vacancy until the next annual meeting, at which meeting the vacancy will be filled for the unexpired term by the members.

6. The Body of Elders of the xxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is hereby designated as a nominating committee to submit to the members at the annual meeting the name of names of a nominee for the position of Officer.

ARTICLE 6.

1. The President shall preside over all meetings of the Corporation. In his absence, the Vice-President shall preside and perform all the duties and exercise all the powers of the President. However, nothing contained in this article shall prevent the qualified voters at any meeting held pursuant to the bylaws from choosing a person to preside at any meeting other than the person or officer designated in this article to preside thereat, and when such other officer shall be chosen, he shall exercise all the powers in this article conferred upon the presiding officer of such meeting.

2. The Secretary shall keep a written record of all proceedings of the meeting of the meetings of the members and of the Officers; shall keep the Corporation seal and affix it when necessary; and shall preserve all valuable papers of the Corporation.

ARTICLE 7.

1. No funds of the Corporation shall be paid to any Officer or Director as compensation for his services or to cover his personal expenses.

ARTICLE 8.

1. These bylaws may be altered or amended at any regular meeting or at any other meeting called for that purpose, by vote representing a majority of all the members of the Corporation.

At a meeting duly called and held by the Corporation, a majority of the members being present, the forgoing bylaws were adopted by the unanimous vote, on this xx th day of xxxxx 2005.

ATTEST:

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx, President

xxxxxx xxxxxxx, Secretary

xxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses Inc.

List of Officers and Directors

As of xxxxx xx, 2005

President xxxxxx xxxxxx

Vice-President xxxxxxx xxxxxx

Secretary xxxxxx xxxxxxx

Treasurer xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Board of Directors xxxxxx xxxxxx

Xxxxxx xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxx xxxxxx

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I also, within the last year talked to my mom, and she said that my dad, who takes care of the books for their hall, said that the hall is registered in current elders names but that it does not revert to the society.

What can we believe? Where is the proof? I know in my heart that the society finances, charges interest (which I thought was against biblical views) and then, when the place was paid off the society receives the title in their name.

Your Mom is probably being buffaloed. There's no way the society is going to allow something to be constructed with their name on it and not own it. After all, it's a corporation.

What I described is the way things were when I outted in 1992. Think about it, D&F. Where DO you think the society gets the funds the have the audacity to LOAN back to the congs for building KHs? It only takes logic which they don't allow their members to use.

Frannie

• Preston
    Preston
    Let me give you a bit of background here,...I went downtown (Tucson, AZ) and looked up the hall where I was affiliated with at the time. It was listed under 3 prominent elders names.

I looked up my old kingdom hall too, and it is OWNER/IN CARE OF three elders in my old congregation as well. According to the warranty deed of trustee, and I was able to pull up the original document on the web that they all signed, and all three elders are each a truste of the declaration of trust and they all hold the actual title.

- Preston

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

For some reason this seem to be a real re-occuring myth. I've been involved in buying, selling and building Kingdom Halls and the simple truth is that the building belongs to the local corporation. The Organization does not own it.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Things are still set up so that the individual members only have use of it as long as they're loyal and alive. If they die or abandon the required loyalty to the spoof, it isn't passed along to members of their individual families. And sometimes whole congs have been dF'd. Think it wouldn't revert to WTS ownership then?

Frannie

• moanzy
    moanzy

My step-dad(elder) told me years ago that the kingdom hall belongs to the congregation as long as their is a cong. In the event that a congregation dissolves the ownership goes back to the society. In what way I'm not sure. When the KH is sold the money goes to the society.

Moanzy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Ultimately all of these non-profit corporations that own the Kingdom Halls are directly controlled by Brooklyn. Any dissent leads to the ousting of one or more members, and new corporate officers are chosen. The hall is always registered in the name of local JWs, but they cannot own the property individually. If the congregation dissolves, the hall is owned by the Society. So although the main organization in Brooklyn may not count the hall as part of its assets in most cases, the money will never go to any entity. In many cases it will default to the Society.

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit