OK, I'm soooo happy!

by talesin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Congrats J. Glad to hear things are working themselves out in your favor. Wish you all the best.

Art

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(((Talesin))) I am so happy for you, cher! I've seen others on disability and I know it's not all the powers that be pretend it is...just a glorified way to barely exist, so it's been depressing and difficult for you I'm sure. How wonderful that this job came thru for you!

I wish you the best, T You deserve it!

Frannie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

That's just terrible news! Getting out working, feeling better about yourself - having enough money to make ends meet. Well, pretty soon you'll feel enough self worth to go back to the KH and enough money to make it useful to have you back. Terrible, this is just terrible news. (shaking head and walking away)

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, thanks Art! I've been working on employment for a while, and sending out feelers. Sometimes you just have to 'wait for it'. lol, wait till my artwork hits the big time, then I can paint apts. just for fun.

Frannie, thanks dearest. Ain't dat da troof? I was astounded at how some folks think 'welfare' is an easy ride when there was a thread on it a while back. As sKally would say ,,,, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Working is much funner.

confused,,, well, there is my "good morning" chuckle with my coffee. hahaha,,, if that happens, and I do walk through the doors of a Kingdumb Hall <shudder>, please feel FREE to slap me upside the head!

tal

* got a late start, cause I was tired, but off to the mines soon .... * class

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Excellent news...well done matey!

DB74

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

Good for you!!! I'm sharing your happiness.

Golf

• lawrence
    lawrence

tal-

Congratulations and the best of success in your new career. Keep that smile coming!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey tal...i was on disability for a year...but twasnt a physical thing so i could do work...my sister was knocking 2 flats into 1 house..so i was able to help with that and then decorated and helped fit it out..it was very therapeutic and gave me some thing to do that was worthwhile and i could see an end product in so helped a great deal

then when i moved into a place of my own i did the same for myself

so really hope this works for you both financially and in giving you an enjoyable purpose

• I quit!
    I quit!

Glad to hear you have a job again. I have been both laid off and on disability over the years so I know how you have felt. I think I could enjoy being without a job if I were rich enough to do whatever I felt like doing but just sitting home broke isn't any fun.

I'm happy for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit