What are things you've always wanted to do, what's stopping you now?

by wanderlustguy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Spend more time with my kids, haven't done it because I have been too self centered in a way, and I've been traveling due to my career...fixing that one, the self centered thing is gonna have to be forced.

Learn spanish, haven't done it because I never felt like i had time...now I do, but have to make myself. Hopefully I'll get to start this year.

Travel out of the country - haven't done it because I was never able to financially, nor had the time...now I can and will!

How about you?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Excelled at a career - havent had one til now to excel at.

• JH
    JH

Whatever I want to do I do. I have this energy in me that just is out of this world.

Give me a challenge....

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Excelled at a career - havent had one til now to excel at.

So what's it gonna be?

• blondie
    blondie

I have been in 47 states (lived in quite a few), 12 other countries. My travel goals are Hawaii, Europe, and then Australia/New Zealand.

I pretty much had had few barriers to what I have wanted to do. I just do it.

I have back to school, and still take classes, as much training through work as I can.

I speak English and German, can fake it in Spanish and ESL, read French.

I have a few musical skills and have started composing again.

I have a few things to work around, money, time, and health. But so far so good.

And as Malcolm Forbes said, "It's only too late when you are dead."

Or Yogi Berra's version, "It ain't over till it's over."

Blondie

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

teaching. Ive got it now. But it took me bloody long enough.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Blondie never ceases to amaze...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

WOW blondie!

But I thought Yogi Bear said 'lets take a look in that picanic basket booboo'

• blondie
    blondie

That would work too, katie. The picnic basket of life.

• chrissy
    chrissy

No time to study spanish? Get a head start by listening to espanol tv or radio...without studying a thing yet. helps me! I've befriended a kid on campus from Mexico City. Every day we cross paths in the library and discuss the latest on...'inocente de ti'.

Most of my goals are travel related...

Be the first person in my family to graduate from college.

Learn to upholster furniture, divide and conquer college calculus, climb a tree? yes, well, I never have. lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit