Anyone with High Blood Pressure?

by LyinEyes 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Lying Eyes, according to my researching, the BP of yours is only marginally OTT and is classed as "high normal".

Don't forget that even the act of having your BP measured increases it by about 10 points.

The figure you quote is no big deal. Honestly!

Englishman.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Out of all the tips suggested, two natural cures stand out.

1. Slow, gradual increase in exercise routine.

2. Reduce salt intake.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

"I don't have the energry to do extra exercise other than cleaning house, running after kids , but I did do 8 minutes on the stationary bike. Well its a start, I guess."

How about taking the kids out for a walk each evening after dinner??
    Good for you and good for them too. It's healthy, playful family time. A little dessert when you get home.

It would probably be more fun than a stationary bike, too.

-Aude.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I have been on medication for about 4 years now. I can't control it with diet and exercise so had no choice. Even on medication I am 140/80. With a family history of heart disease, you can't afford to ignore it. Lose weight, cut out the salt, and exercise. I'm sure there are some natural herbs that will help clear your arteries. My father died of heart disease and they refused to do surgery because of his clogged arteries. They were afraid the anethesia would do him in.

• spencer
    spencer

I had very high blood pressure and a blood lipid profile that was terrible. My cholesterol levels were very high. I heard the Lifeguard for Life radio show on 1210am in Phila. Tried the Omega Cardio and the HDL BOOST. I have been amazed!! My levels dropped over 40%!!! I have no need to go on the Lipitor!!! WHat a great product!! Their Phone number is 1-888-820-LIFE or web is LIFEGUARDFORLIFE.COM Steven.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes..I have been on medication for about 5 months now. I was on BP medication with my last pregnancy, and it seems that the high readings just didn't go away after that. I can say that virtually all of my headaches, which were frequent and severe, are gone now, and I don't feel so lethargic and tired all the time since starting the medication, or at least no more tired that having a very active 3 year old always feels! It has helped a lot. Now I am trying to lose 20 lbs and hopefully get off the medication.

I found a good bp chart that I have saved here on my computer. If you PM me with your email, I can send it to you. I don't remember where I found it.

With medicine, I run 118/75 or within that range. Without it, I was in the 155/95 range or higher. I still read high in the doctors office, even with medication.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My doc calls the HBP that happens in the office "White coat hypertention". A frequent symtom of just being in the Dr's office.

Mine read 185/99 or something. I bought a cuff and it has been reading about 135/90 at home. I am tracking it to give him a list of the readings. I have been on HBP medicine for a few years - but still it runs on the marginal side.

Many good suggestions in this thread. I need to apply more of them in my life.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit