I got a registered letter today.

by tnangel73 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mention your father’s health and heart condition.

Ask them if they are really willing to murder your father by their actions? Are they really willing to be blood guilty?

Tell them: Just walk away. All you have to do is walk away and no one will die. (Gotta love Mad Max )

Also mention to them that will be contacting a lawyer with your concerns regarding how their actions will affect your father’s health and also a possible slander lawsuit.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I am not worried about them kicking me out because my name is on the deed.So, they can't. They wouldn't do that anyway. Who would help them pay bills? The elders? My mother did say something to the ringleader elder who has made this his personal crusade these days in the effect of how my Dad has heart problems and it might be best for him not to ask my Dad anything about me. I really, in a way, just don't care.I do care about my Dad though.This congregation has had many long time members leave and go to other neighboring congregations in the last few years. And a lot have also joined the local Spanish congregation, not knowing any Spanish at first. They used to have attendance up around 150 on Sunday's. Now it's like around 60 my Mom has said.

I have a cousin that they DF'd twice. Once for not making her children get ready to go to the meetings. It was a control thing. Her husband would always run to the elders to threaten her. She got reinstated again, but is now DF'd a third time because she left her loser husband, and they say abandoned her children. One wanted to stay with the Dad, one went with, and the third left them all and went to live with her Grandmother. I went into that story because that's how the elders are here locally. I know it isn't going to matter what I say to them because I will be DF'd. It just stresses me because of my Mom and Dad. They only go on Sunday's and get the phone hookup for the other meetings. So I feel like this would kinda isolate them more. Stupid control freak JW's.

• the_leander
    the_leander

First post, and my sincerest congratulations on your upcomming d/f'ing :-) I do hope that your folks aren't undually effected by this however. I too would seek the advice of a solicitor regarding this issue, from what I've seen and my own experiences, when dubs turn hostile, they have an emmense arsenal of nasty tricks at their disposal and will not flinch in using it. Please, be careful. And good luck with the kiddie :-D

• Es
    Es

I would be tempted to leave it, i have heard once someone doesnt attend the meetings for 3 years or more they cant touch you. So maybe that will work for you? But if you do want it on your terms then just D\A yourself if you know that your parents wont stop associating with you what do you have to loose. Its a tough one let us know how you go hun es

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Tell them you don't feel comfortable meeting with a bunch of JW men because the organization has a bad reputation of harbouring sex abusers. Insist that a police officer must be present to protect you. If they refuse you can assume your rights will be violated in some way.

W

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

just thought I would let you know that we live in Knoxville Tennessee, and I have been trying to get a regular XJW meetup group started, there are only a few of us here in Tennessee, but hopefully the numbers will grow large enough so we can hold our very own Apostafest here in the Volunteer state. I dont check my mail box often here,due to technical difficulties with my internet terminal, but I will look for your reply on this thread.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit