Does anyone remember these posters? (probably from H2O days)

by IronGland 25 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

who in the old H2O days always said "WACK"? and what did he mean by that" --VM44

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

It was interesting to see that Stephen Cox's article in Liberty magazine about the power of freedom to openly debate on the Internet focused on H2O and its impact on the Witnesses.

And I don't remember WACK. Fill us in!

S4

• Jourles
    Jourles

Here are a few things I remember from when I first found H2O back around '97:

• I honestly thought that the board was primarily visited by active JW's
    • I was really stumbled to see handles such as "Liberal Elder" and "The Liberal Ex-MS" -- I even went so far to target this Lib ex-ms guy in chat and on the board asking him why a true witness would even use such a handle.
    • I figured AlanF & Farkel were the devil's henchmen and somehow managed to post on the board.
    • I thought it was very weird to see pictures on a JW site that showed mansions, tropical beaches and fancy cars.
    • When getting into a heated confrontation about some doctrine, namely blood, I would end up leaving the site extremely frustrated because I had no idea how to defend the JW stance on blood.

Looking back, H2O helped hone my critical reasoning skills. I now feel that demolishing the blood doctrine is my forte. That was the primary doctrine that probably started my exit and the one doctrine that I feel most strongly about today.

• Jourles
    Jourles

And I'm still too ashamed to reveal who I used to post as...

• minimus
    minimus

Jourles, I've even seen your growth here!

• IronGland
    IronGland
    And I'm still too ashamed to reveal who I used to post as...

Please dont say Ethelred.

• VM44
    VM44

perhaps it was WHACK instead of WACK....now I have to try to remember who it was.

Jourles.....Tell us! Tell us! Who were you?

All the old H2O archives are offline, so you should be safe.

--VM44

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Please dont say Ethelred.

Nope. It wasn't mentioned in this thread and it probably never will be. Even if I disclosed it, people would probably say, "Who?"

• TD
    TD

Nope. It wasn't mentioned in this thread and it probably never will be. Even if I disclosed it, people would probably say, "Who?"

CoHeRent?

• VM44
    VM44

Jourles....I have to know (wasn't that a line in a Dirty Harry movie?), PM your old H2O name to me. I can keep it secret. -- VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit