Doubt Not!

by silentlambs 57 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kismet
    Kismet

Don't know how much to say here but....

Carolyn will likely be co-counsel. It will mean something to have a woman attorney representing the Society on this issue. (yeah archaic thinking but we are talking about the courtroom).

Carolyn Wah used to a very sweet person displaying many of the 'Christian qualities' we as JW's were expected to hold. Her years and experiences have imbittered her and dull her sensitivities in a large way. She is in fact more lawyer than JW now. She will not however be allowed to be lead counsel.

It will be one of four, McCabe or Brumley (Brooklyn), How (Canada and a joint husband wife legal team) or John Burns (Canada).

I will email you Bill regarding these options and methods of preventing such from happening if needed.

What you want is Brumley/Wah. He is an arrogant egoist fool and easily manipulated in contentious issues if buttons are pushed properly. Brumley is also the fool behind the whole donation arrangement concept and Vow of Poverty change. He is not well respected even by other Society lawyers.

I am excited by these future happenings. Thanks to all behind the scenes.

Kismet

• metatron
    metatron

Wonderful News! The S.O.B.'s are on the run!

I can't wait to see this thing snowball - more lawsuits,
    more exposure followed by more documents and more elders
    bailing out. The whole thing may take on a life of its
    own.

As to the Society's strategy, I agree with the poster
    who says they will simply paint a rosy, happy picture
    in the magazines and hope it all goes away. Basically,
    the WTS reaction will be like a scene from a Woody Allen
    movie years ago - I believe it was "Everything You
    Wanted to Know About Sex" - a woman comes home and catches
    her husband in bed with another woman. She protests as
    he (and her) put their clothes back on. The husband simply
    acts as if nothing has happened and he doesn't know what
    she's talking about. Eventually, the wife just gives up
    in the face of the husband's denial of the obvious.

This really will be worthy of a study by sociologists.

metatron (YEEE- HAWWW!)

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just sent the press release and court documents to the 3 major TV stations in Seattle, and to CNN.

If anyone wants to do CNN, you have to use their "feedback" form. I used the title, from the drop down menu, "Suggestion". Just an idea.
    . http://www.cnn.com/feedback/ It would be great if we could all zap them, and maybe they would use it!!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

The press release and legal documents, together with a referral to the silentlambs website have been e-mailed to the newsroom departments of the two major Canadian national newspapers (The Globe & Mail and The National Post), and the two major Toronto newspapers (The Toronto Star and The Toronto Sun).

Expatbrit

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Larc stated, "When I read those three questions the elders are to ask, I involuntarily said out loud, "Oh my God", as in how ignorant. I assume these same three questions would offer the theraputic cure for mental illness. Truely, they are living a hundred years behind the times, if not more."

That is exactly what my niece's husband was asked when he was brought before them on charges of spousal abuse. He was told to pray more, attend every meeting and go in field service more.

A year passed and he was still abusing her so she separated from him.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Bravo! Silentlambs, BRAVO!

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• patientservant
    patientservant

Indeed we are making head way and maybe molesters will get what is due, however the wts will only use the attack to further reinforce it’s view that we live in the very last of the last days. WTS will say this is simply one of many totally expected attacks which are foretold in the Bible and which of course exist to serve as a sign pointing to the end of this system and therefore a reason to remain loyal to the org.

Even when the abused win their case against wts, the wts spin-doctors will calm the R&F in to inactivity due to, “it’s pointless now, leave it to Jehovah to be Judge”.
    as they must have “unity at any cost”

I am therefore doubtful that this will snowball into anything astounding but live in hope!

God watch over the little children, amen.

Patient

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I failed to mention other champions in my previous post: Holly and Heather.

I really appreciate the courage and inner strength that they have shown. It took great courage and strength just to be able to tell their story.

I would love for them to know that they have and will continue to make a difference in others lives. For them and all other victims: I wish you the best as you continue on the path of healing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit