Which meeting are disfellowshippings annonced?

by wordlywife 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

Service meetings are correct. However, it is not necessarily a Thursday. Years ago when congregations didnt' have to share a Kingdom Hall, it was typically on Thursday but most halls are not so fortunate to have it to only one congregation. They can be any night, but usually Monday through Friday.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Usually at the end of the annoucements during the Service Meeting. I can still remember the first DF annoucement I ever heard as a Witless. I just wanted to go out in the parking lot and

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    if he believes that a serious error in judgment has been made and he wishes to appeal

ah yes but ...where 2 or 3 are gathered together there i will be also said jesus refering to judicial situations...and the decision made on earth mirrors the decision already made in heaven

so they make serious errors in judgement in heaven too do they...must do ...some appeals work

my sister appealed...original decision was overturned

original commitee told her they were just testing her resolve

• Sassy
    Sassy

the meetings I attended, it was always at the beginning of the service meeting, just at the end of the announcements.. and then you'd sit there stunned for the rest of the meeting.

When was publicly reproved, I saw there through the rest of the service meeting with tears streaming down my face.. longest meeting I ever sat through..

• Es
    Es

Ours was always mentioned at announcements, they would always call on an elder to deliver the announcement and it was always made in the service meeting which for us was Thursday nights es

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

My dfing took less than hour - I asked them to make it quick otherwise I'd risk missing last orders at the pub!

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Yep it's Thursday then. Crumpet you're too funny. :)

Thank you all for the information, we'll see if she "appeals" this decision.

I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of "God's Organization" with this type of judging going on all the time. It seems so opposite of being loving, gathering lost persons, etc.

WW

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of "God's Organization" with this type of judging going on all the time. It seems so opposite of being loving, gathering lost persons, etc.

You'll notice that most people are either 1) born into it and don't have a choice without huge losses in their lives, or 2) join because they are at an emotional/fragile time of their lives and the JWs love bomb them into feeling like they have no choice but to join. It's like quicksand. By the time you realize it's not God's organization, your hip deep in mire and it's hard as hell to get out.

Rarely will you find an intelligent, emotionally healthy person that joins this bunch of rag sellers.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

My dfing took less than hour - I asked them to make it quick otherwise I'd risk missing last orders at the pub! Ha ha...your my kind of Girl Crumpet!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

By the time they announce a disfellowshipment, everybody already knows what's going on and that it's coming. There's no such thing as confidentiality inside the WBTS.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit