How many mistakes does an organization have to make, to be a false prophet?

by run dont walk 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mustang
    mustang

In a typical universe, a "Zero Tolerance" rule would apply, making the answer 1.

But using the "New Light" method, it becomes a "sliding scale" for WTS; thus the answer remains TBD.

(To Be Determined).

Mustang

• myelaine
    myelaine

How many false prophets does it take to make an organization by mistake? Good question.

In evil "hands" one false prophet is enough to make an organization.

michelle

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:How many false prophets does it take to make an organization by mistake? Good question.

lmfao...

GBL

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I don't think any JW would honestly answer this question, especially not with the same yardstick they judge every other religion with. they'll know that they're being set up and will most always deny or evade.

• Honesty
    Honesty

One.

The WTBTS is not a false prophet because they are the faithful slave.

How do I know?

Because they told me and they are the faithful slave so they can't be a false prophet because they told me they are the faithful slave so they can't be a false prophet because they told me.......

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

3 repetition for emphasis

• M.J.
    M.J.

*** Awake! 10-8-68, P.23 ***

True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date. Some have gathered groups of people with them and fled to the hills or withdrawn into their houses waiting for the end. Yet, nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?

Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfilment of Bible prophesy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Classic quote MJ

• Frog
    Frog
    :How many false prophets does it take to make an organization by mistake? Good question.

Yes GBL this is probably the better angle to look at the situation from!

I believe they condemn themselves through their own rigid and literal interpretation of text. The GB takes a zero tollerance to all other relgious organisations, but does nothing to critique itself and it's own structure. If they turned their same analysis on themselves they would clearly be able to identify their many flaws.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I'd like to know how many false prophets it takes to screw in a light bulb?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit