Way back in time. Did anyone attend Assembly that Michael Jackson went to?

by out of the box 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

it wasn't that difficult, being in Encino California. It was at the General Assembly hall out in Woodland Hills California.

Jackson was basically quite and smiled as he met some people. I was, really, never a witness, but it interested me as I met him.

Back then it wasn't popular being in the entertainment business and being a Witnesses... Of course there are many now days are witnesses and stars on their own right. Take a look at those Tennis stars.

Also in the early 70s there was a female star,,,I forget her name, but her show was a hit called, "GEt Christy." She dropped out of her show to be a witness...this was told to me by an agent in Hollywierd.....

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Mike came to one kingdom hall in dallas texas (oakcliff) once, back in the eighties. But from what I hear noone really paid him any mind at all. Yea, right!

M'

The 70s TV star was Theresa Graves, of "Get Christy Love." She passed away in the last year or two, and the newspaper article I read indicated that she did not die rich.

• lucky
    lucky

When I was growing up (in the mid 80's) there was a brother who had recently moved to our hall who had previously been in Michael Jackson's hall, although this was not common knowledge. He had been an elder in Michael Jackson's congregation and had gone out in service with him regularly. I remember at one service meeting part about not listening to "music that debases" or some such nonsense, a sister made a comment about Michael Jackson and how there was no way that he could be a witness in good standing, and then this brother commented and refuted her, and the congregation just about erupted into a shouting match for a few minutes before the brother at the mike got everything back under control. It was pretty exciting and actually woke me up from my usual time-killing exercise of counting ceiling tiles.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    the congregation just about erupted into a shouting match for a few minutes before the brother at the mike got everything back under control.

I would have paid serious money for this experience.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Paul Endres from my cong in Naples Florida visited California and witnessed MJ's baptism.When he came back and told me i scoffed (didn't believe MJ/JW)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

You were right to scoff him. He never was baptized.

• delilah
    delilah

I had a picture e-mailed to me, from a friend who attended the assembly this summer at Cow Palace, and there was Prince, sitting in the audience. He had a sort of, "what have I got myself into" look on his face....poor guy....I sent it to Mary, but I'm not sure how to post it here.

Delilah

• integ
    integ

It's interesting that even back in the early '70's the Jacksons (with Michael singing) did a version of "Santa Claus is comin' to town" along with a couple other x-mas favorites. Wasn't he supposed to be a witness then?

Integ.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I walked past Prince at one of the last circuit assemblys I went to. When I first saw him, little short guy, wearing what was obviously not your typical dub suit, NOT typical dub hair, and his very fine wife, I did a double-take, then realized who it was and tried not to stare.

Then Larry Graham was on the program at the DC, giving his experience, how he was able to 'simplify' his life to make room to pioneer. Yeah, cause I can really relate to a millionaire rock star who still is able to pioneer.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit