Who's the best actor working in movies today?

by Preston 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Preston
    Preston

Johnny Depp? Ian McKellan? Morgan Freeman?

Who do you think is the best actor in movies today? My mom and I are huge (no laughing permitted) Ian Holm fans. A couple of years ago I saw him in The Sweet Hereafter and I was moved by his performance as the lawyer with the druggie daughter in the movie, he added a depth that I never saw in another performance even though most people will remember him as Bilbo Baggins. I heard he's going to play Pope John Paul II in a new movie. I think that's great range in itself. Who else do you think is on par?

- Preston

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Morgan Freeman and I also am an Anthony Hopkins fan

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hmmm... Actually, I agree with the Morgan Freeman vote. Definitely the most talented actor I have seen.

I don't think I have ever seen him in a movie that flopped, is this a coincidence or just really good script picking?

FMZ

• kls
    kls

Morgan Freeman and Densel Washington

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think John Travolta is very underrated, and a really good actor. Also, Joaquin Phoenix and Johnny Depp.

The very best actor though, is Sean Penn, in my opinion.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Kaiser Soze

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Johnny Depp is the greatest actor in the world. Depp is what Brando was.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Al Pacino Russell Crowe Denzel Washington

• FMZ
    FMZ

Joaquin Phoenix is definitely up there... a VERY believable actor in all the roles I have seen him in.

Johnny Depp... yep, he is certainly an enigma... but I wouldn't say he is the best actor, for the sole reason it feels like comparing apples to oranges. He is so different.

FMZ

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I think Gary Oldman deserves some props. Johnny Depp, Ian McKellan, John Hurt, Russell Crowe are all very talented too. Don't forget Daniel Day-Lewis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit