Another interesting online personality - Nicodemus

by Pathofthorns 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This is another personality online that facinates me. Sort of reminds me of Friend. This was an interesting comment he made over at witnet regarding our all facing an individual accounting before God.

This is a subject which once bothered me as well. Read his comments and then notice how they go over everyone's heads.

[url] http://discussion.witnesses.net/Forum67/HTML/000099.html[/url]

• Zep
    Zep

Whats with Witnet anyway Path.I mean, i very rarely ever went over there.....because i doubt i'd ever get on!.But its interesting and funny to read, since there seems to be a lot of lurking 'apostates' over there to me just trying to stir the pot.I think the place is more a positive for the 'apostate' movement... than the wtbts actually.But its also funny to read some of the hardliners over there....I remember Friend getting Chastised by some nut called Bobcarl on the blood issue, it was quite funny.
    Does anyone here post over there?.I don't know, i'd like to get on over there...go over and stir the pot a little.Unfortunately they seem to have rather tight security measures owing to something that happened last year...what ever that was?????? I'm assuming a load of apostates got on and wreaked havoc and turned it into h20 or something?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Zep, I'm sure there are quite a few on Witnet who would fit in quite well over here. I've been reading a lot of the posts, and either a lot of active JW's are starting to think, or there are quite a few infiltrators.

To the best of my knowledge, the uproar over there was cause by Joe Mesko (who was recently deceased). He was VERY good with internet stuff, and he continually had posts that would link to sites like Freeminds or some other "apostate" site. He did them a favor, though, by making them aware of any security holes.

For the longest time, it was dull as dirt over there with posts about your favorite dessert, or favorite liquor, or how many hours you planned to get in service over your vacation. At least now it's rather interesting to read.

• Zep
    Zep

I usually head straight to the controversial topics folder!.That place is OK......

• waiting
    waiting

Hey y'all,

Same with me - straight to controversial. Some very thoughtful comments in general.

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Here's another interesting thread on a "New type of JW emerging?"

Anyone whose been in the truth more than 15 years and who is half an honest person would have to admit yes to this one. Particularly since "new light" in 1995 on the generation understanding.

Watch for this guy Robbie on page 3 as he comes out of the shadows and Prisca on page 4 who just blurts out "Has anyone read COC?" (LOL)

Interesting. Once they get tired of hitting their heads against the wall, they might come over here to Simon's.

[url] http://discussion.witnesses.net/Forum67/HTML/000092.html[/url]

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Path,

Are you insinuating that for those "questioning" the WTBTS on the web could go through this series:

1. witnet
    2. Simon's
    3. Support Board for Ex JW
    4. H2o (at any of the above steps)

wow, a 4-step program has evolved!

waiting

• Zep
    Zep

That megiddo said it.When i went some meetings and was reading the WT etc etc back in the early 90's.There was this certain postive vibe from the people at KH...that evrything was growing. They had just built a new congregation because the other one was too small and the good news was being preached world wide etc.The WT mag itself was different too...I haven't noticed much stuff about Babylon the great and 'the sign' in 'em recently like there was 10 years ago.Someone put that down to Franz dieing, i think.I read 2 WT mags a few months ago...and i swear, they were the exact same article only re-worded slightly and re-titled.I remember in '88 they put out 2 WT mags in succession dealing with 'the sign' but they were different inside.Now, the WT mag just seems to be going through the motions...they need someone to write some real whacky stuff again, dealing with prophecy and all, just to entertain people a little.

• Zep
    Zep

Sis comfort:

I remember a District Overseer, Bro. Heard, say once in a talk, "If you "feel" an "oppressive weight" on you from day to day, it's because Satan's demons are THICK in the air around us, literally! And we're ALL going to be affected by this fact. More so that EVER in man's history!

Now this is the kind of stuff thats entertaining.Bring back the freaks i say!

I dont know whats with Robbie either...I like being called a 'Worldling'

• waiting
    waiting

hey Path, again,

Just read the posts: A fine discussion, with Weavis, the moderator, just keeping the threads within the framework of the discussion, not interferring with the though process. One of the best threads I've read, period.

Robbie made excellent insights, imo. When I was reading, I couldn't help but put local personalities from my KH onto some of the posters.

We all know the types: "Have you been spending time with worldling associates instead of your spiritual brothers? You say your conscience allows you this freedom? Perhaps your conscience is not properly trained."

"We have so many new brothers - we need to build another, bigger, Kingdom Hall - proof of Jehovah's spirit upon us." "Many of our Friends are no longer among us - proof that Jehovah is sifting the weeds from the wheat."

"The Friends are being drawn away the path of destruction through various roads - the Internet is the main one Satan is using against young, impressionable brothers at this time." This is a direct quote from our PO on the stage at our Circuit Assembly in the spring of this year. Every PO interviewed (4) said the exact same thing - the internet is the main, most powerful, tool being used by Satan do lure brothers from The Truth.

Man of True God sounds like a pretty straight elder to me - if he's that grounded in real person, he'd be a neat elder. An exception, imo, nonetheless.

When I read COC, I thought the same thing - perhaps Franz is coloring his comments to make himself, and his spirituality, to look more convincing. However, upon more reading, even on witnet, and my own personal experience with the WTBTS's Service & Legal Departments, Franz comes across like the rest of us - just more eloquently.

Per Robbie over at witnet:

What has brought this on? A couple of things stand out. I know there have been other discussions on this board over whether or not there have been failures in the prophecies of the Faithful and Discrete Slave. I'm quite familiar with the language we use to deal with this, the "expectations" that failed to realize, the "over eagerness" we have for prophecies to be fulfilled. But as a teacher in the congregation for several decades, I have absolutely no question in my mind but that the Society has presented numerous ideas and prophecies in the literature over the years that have failed.

That is one factor in the changes taking place. Many of us are wondering why an organization directed by God could have made so many mistakes.

The ensuing discussion, whether the WTBTS - as a whole Governing Body - constitutes the same governing position as David, as King, is really interesting. David was rebuked, even severely punished, promptly after he had sinned. And what David did was a despicable sin.

I don't know if failed "prophet-like" prophecies constitutes sin. I don't think the WTBTS set out to deceive their followers, even the world. They just didn't get it right - perhaps for a variety of reasons. But did Jehovah severely punish them individually as He did David? No.

When Paul rebuked Peter for not eating with Gentiles, did Paul get thrown out? Did Peter get thrown out? No. Why was Franz thrown out for not agreeing with the Governing Body - he was a member of the Governing Body? Aren't they all spirit anointed?

Btw, shouldn't any of the Anointed 144,000 Remnant have the same power, insight, spiritual ability as the dozen or so men in Brooklyn? There is a definite inequality of power among equal spirit anointed persons in the WTBTS. As always, particularily if one of the spirit anointed 144,000 Remnant is a woman - still gotta use that Kleenex for a head covering.

Thanks for bring witnet's thread over here.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 9 September 2000 10:32:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit