I had a few questions on your thoughts about Matthew 7:15-23.

by Check_Your_Premises 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Good point MJ.

I am thinking of questions to ask as we read these verses, and anticipating responses. Your point heads off and anticipates a likely line of thought to my questions.

It looks like you are anticipating the same things I am.

• Rex
    Rex

Good question here:

>In verse 23 Jesus says He will tell those calling on His name to "get away from me you workers of lawlessness." How would you respond to someone who says this implies that Jesus will reject those who are not following certain rules? What if they didn't know about certain rules, or think that they were being disobedient? For instance let's say it is actually wrong to celebrate Christmas, but you did because it didnt violate your conscience. Will Christ reject you?

We are not rejected for our sins and wrong beliefs, nor are we saved by our works (good deeds or baptism for example).
    Eph. 2.8-9
    "We are saved by grace through faith and that not of ourselves, it is a gift of God not of works, lest anyone boast."
    Romans 6.23
    "The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus."
    Romans 10.13
    "for all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

If you want salvation here it is in a nutshell, this is what Jesus spoke of in John 3.3 and 3.5, being "born again."
    Romans 10.9-10
    "If you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and proclaim with your mouth that he is Lord you will be saved. For, with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

That's it, that's all you have to do is believe and tell God that you do! Repent of your sins and ask Jesus into your heart, then thank God for saving you! Now if you do this, please e-mail me and let me know as I will be happy to personally point you toward a fulfilling future. But know this, if you ask God to show you truth as I did He will do so without my help! He is in the saving business and all I do is try to be obedient to His teachings. I am praying for you even now!

Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit