You want some of this, don't ya?

by wanderlustguy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

everything looks delicious - only the grits are undefined to me. never heard of "grits" before: I have to taste them .....

+ some coffee, and a slice of bread with jam and butter......

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    only the grits are undefined to me. never heard of "grits" before: I have to taste them .....

Country Woman,

Have you ever had polenta? It's similar to creamy polenta only it's usually made of white corn rather than yellow. Down here in the Southern USA, it's a typical breakfast "cereal", much like oatmeal or Malt-o-meal. Some people like them salted with butter, others like it sweetened with brown sugar, butter and jam, or even pancake syrup.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Billygoat - polenta here is definitely not something we have for breakfast - i have it at my Italian restaurant - they sit it under the fillet steak. Isn;t it funny all the differences in the food we eat and how we eat it!

• Country_Woman
  • Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    Have you ever had polenta? It's similar to creamy polenta only it's usually made of white corn rather than yellow. Down here in the Southern USA, it's a typical breakfast "cereal", much like oatmeal or Malt-o-meal. Some people like them salted with butter, others like it sweetened with brown sugar, butter and jam, or even pancake syrup.

Billigoat, thanks....

One of my friends is Italian, I just called her- she told me: "you never liked polenta" her mother cooked it from corn with water and they ate it with meat and vegetables.....

I think that I do like it when it is cooked in milk and sweetened with honey, jam or sugar, after all, I do like rice cooked in milk with sugar and butter and some cinnamon too....

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

sorry: accidentily

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit