Evolutionist Caught in a Lie

by Kenneson 65 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

sir82:

Does that mean that things happen that are outside of God's control? I thought God was, by definition, omniscient & omnipotent.

Hi. God is in control yes. God is everywhere and can do all things but it's not right to use God for your own convenience then throw Him aside. He is worth more than that.

God gives people choices. Simply to walk the hard and narrow walk or to go the wide and easy way. Most people choose the easy way but in the end it's not worth it. It's like buying something cheap and in a few minutes or a few days it conked out. It's like cheating on a test but if you're caught well you're in trouble.

Ever watched circle square? There is this cute little cartoon that explains the narrow and the broad roads of life. It also shows the choices that people have to make and the consequences after. It shows about the wise man who build his house on the rock and the foolish man who built his house on the sand.

It is not wise to use God. He is much smarter than we are.

hib

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

A japanese archaeologist uses evolution's false teaching to fool all of Japan - But he got caught, and his personal shame carries an important lesson about the false foundation of evolutionary teaching!!!!!

LOL!!!!

Hib

• sir82
    sir82

But I still don't understand...

"God didn't intend for it to happen".....but it did happen.

God's purpose is "what he intends to happen", is it not?

So a human's choice, the choice to sin, thwarts God's purpose?

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I really don't understand how this works. I've struggled with this for quite some time.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    The story of the bible clearly says that adam was the first man and eve the first woman created from the dust of the earth

Heathen,

But even JWs teach that much of the Bible is symbolic. Much is also metaphor. Most Christians don't believe Adam was literally the first man, or a literal serpent spoke to Eve. You really must study the context, and interpret using established principles of comprehensiveness, sublation, and interpretation.

I recommend the Oxford Bible Commentary

At least you have clearly read some stuff opposing your viewpoint.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hib,

Do you know how much you sound like a JW, but the most extremely dogmatic JW that one could meet.

I'm sorry if this offends, as I am sure you would alter your approach if you could see how you appear to the rest of us.

Don't you see that you have the exact opposite effect to that which you intend. Perhaps this activity will bolster your pride and ego, and you will go to bed convincing yourself you have stood up and been counted for the Lord.

• heathen
    heathen

hibiscus --- tho I share your belief in God I can't say I believe all that you say . I don't believe God is omnipresent . I believe he is in heaven but is omnipotent and capbable of reaching everywhere and knows everything from past, present and future .

jeffcake --- I think I will stick with my present belief that adam and eve were literal and separated from the animals during creation . Satan is the snake in the garden ( that part is symbolic ) it is verified in revelation .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit