What kind of prophets are JWs?

by jaffacake 17 Replies latest jw friends

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Thank you Jaffacake,and berean as well!!!

It made me sick reading that full awake quote,just something sick about it.The part that judges the whole catholic fake as "mostly just traditions".What a sweeping state ment of judgement and ignorance.Then the staement"they are assisted by millions of part time workers .Any of these would help you discern the "signs of the times".SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I just googled "prophecy definition".They can't with a straight face deny what prophecy means.It means predicting future events.They use one lame brain bible translation and think they can change the very meaning of a word!!NUTS

• Berean
    Berean

jaffacake you are right, they have flat out predicted the future in the past.

The Society always seems to come up with an explanation that will placate the faithful. They are always easy to see through and seem almost childish in a way; but, they seem to do the job for which they were intended for.

Berean

• Honesty
    Honesty

When I show a dub the many failed prophecies of the WTBTS they will invariably ask why my heart has hardened against the Faithful Slave. Ignore the issue and attack the messenger is all too often the response that I recieve from them. Unless they are a reasonable person it doesn't matter what evidence is presented that proves the WTBTS/JW's does not originate from God they will close their hearts and minds.

• Mary
    Mary
    All this activity is not an accident. Jehovah is the one behind all of it

So.....it's Jehovah who can't make up His mind as to when Jesus returned invisibly eh? And I guess it was Jehovah who couldn't make up His mind whether or not He was going to resurrect all the ancients in 1925. What a frigging joke.........

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

jaffa - the only thing that bothers me a little is that they vehemently deny being prophets. They always say that they have never claimed to be prophets....I tried to use this line of reasoning in my J.C but to no avail...they point blank refused to hear me out.

That is how blind they actually are - their own words, printed in their own magazine, in their own "pure language" yet they will deny them.

• carla
    carla

They use the word 'prophet' in a totally different sense. In asking them they may reply, 'we are prophets in the sense that, (note not the usual meaning to the rest of the world) we spread the word of God (jihivih). I asked an elder once about the false prophecies once and his reply was that they never used the word 'thus', as in 'thus, sayeth the Lord'. I said, 'are you kidding? just because they didn't use the word 'thus' and 'sayeth' they aren't guilty of false prophecy?" With a straight face he said yes! I asked him how many people actually use the word 'thus' or 'sayeth' today or even since the early 1900's. No response. Change the subject. Typical. carla

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Thanks for all the feedback.

There explanations just won't wash, they are condemned by their own words, they wrote:

"Jehovah’s prophet to the nations, to speak to them everything that He should command? Who will be the modern Jeremiah?"

The modern Jeremiah, speaking what God commands, sure sounds like the good ols meaning of prophet to me.

Even without the word prophet, were the pagan teachings about pyramids etc, and the false predictions what we can accept as the proper spiritual food, at the proper time, based only on God's word and not on human wisdom?

Whatever word they now use, or avoid, what they predicted did not come to pass, and the vast majority of what they taught was false (and in their words - pagan) by their own admission. Prophet, God's mouthpiece, whatever words, did they pass Christ's inspection?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit