Did you ever have to change phone number because of the JW's?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

We use a trick that is used by a lot of doctors: the home phone number is listed under my name, not Mr Scully's. If you aren't married, you can list your phone under your mother's or grandmother's maiden name, or ANY name you want. It's legal to do this in Canada. You can even use a fictional name.

This way, you give your number to people you actually want to give it to and tell them it's unlisted. Also, when telemarketers call and ask for "Mrs Tiggywinkles", you know that someone is calling from a phone book listing, and doesn't know you. I have a much easier time telling those people to eff off once I know they don't really know me.

It also prevents people from finding out your real name on an online reverse look-up database.

Cool! I didn't know that! Thanks for the info Scully!

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Yes I have changed my phone number because of them. When I moved, I sent them my DA letter with my PO Box as a return adress. They couldn't find me !!!!

• vitty
    vitty

Actually we are moving again, so we shall change our phone no and go ex directory Im going to tell my daughter not to give out our phone no so................we shall hopefully disapear once and for all......

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I think you all should be ashamed of yourselves.

How do you expect the "friends" to be able to contact you with that special information you'll need to know.....that kingdom hall you'll need to hide in just in case armageddon breaks out?

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    Isn't it insane that this should even have to be the topic for a thread??
  • Agnes
    Agnes

Not a JW, but have pesky family members who are. Haven't had to change the phone number, but have changed email address and didn't give them the new one. It has been such a relief to not have to hear all the garbage and some are too cheap to call long distance. Agnes

• karen96
    karen96

When I left my ex husband, I stayed at my sister's for a month until I got my own place. My ex handed that number out to my old friends who contacted me "out of concern for the path I was taking"! I was so mad! None of my family are dub's and they didn't need that harrassment.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, not because of them but because of two sicko friends who were bad for me. A married couple with a husband who constantly made sexual overtures to me and every female friend of theirs. She refused to believe any of it. It got so bad that they lost a lot of friends because of it. I was accused of being a "man hater" because I refused him and because I wasn't promiscuous. If that makes me a man hater then so be it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit