One of my employees has cancer...from smoking

by wanderlustguy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

One of the things I can't deal very well with is smoking. I remember telling someone I loved I really wanted them to stop because I didn't want to be the man holding her as she gasped for air dying from the habit. Not 2 minutes after we broke up she was back at it, strangely that hurt me as much as the breakup, thinking of her suffering one day as I had seen others do...all because of cigs...

One of my technicians came in today that I have been having trouble with, his perfomance had become horrible, and I had intended to let him go. He found out yesterday he has cancer in his throat, no insurance, and about 5 years to live.

He's 35, just like her.

WLG

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats really sad.. i hope he gets some successful treatment that extend that 5 yrs some!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ouch! That must be putting you in a tricky position, as his employer. 5 yrs on death row isn't fun iether.

S

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I'm sorry to hear the bad news Wander, its a habit i can't stand either... It make your teeth yellow, your breath stink, it diminishes your health, makes you look common, and annoys and even harms people around you... i just dont understand the attraction... I hope he will finally quit this habit and find a way to disprove the doctor's bad prediction...

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Oh, that's awful news. And he's only 35? That's pretty unusual. How long had he been smoking?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Smoking since he was 15, like a train.

• JH
    JH

Too bad, 35 is too young to get cancer....

• Valis
    Valis

I feel for him...especially knowing what it is like to not have insurance....sucks even if you aren't dying..

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

sent you a p.m

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WLG - Sorry to hear of that situation.

One of the good things I can attribute to the witness organization in my life is an early on disgust with the habit of smoking. I know now that they created reasons that it was wrong, with the pharmakia connection, but I am glad I never got the habit, or wanted to. I owe them that much.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit