Census anyone

by kls 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

Those census that you get in the mail that want to know everything and i mean everything about your income ,house size, rooms in your home and how much it costs you for heating your home and on and on ,to me it is personal and wandering if i have to send it back because it makes me uncomfortable to fill this out and expose my everything to strangers .

Have you ever gotten one and how do /did you feel about it and did you send it in. By law do i have to fill it out and return it ?

Cause don't wanna

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

No, never fill it in. This is not nessesary (here it isn't, and I think in america too, there is a privacy law). I am always scary with a census, you know what happened to David......

• kls
    kls

Good info Danny

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

thank you

• kls
    kls
    I am always scary with a census, you know what happened to David......

No Danny , do tell

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

have you been sleeping in the KH? sorry this gets a bit corny.....

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I don't know about the US but over here in Blighty we have to do one every 10 years, 2001 being the last 2011 the next. It is a legal requirement but I don't think that there are any repercussions if you don't, more likely you will if you give false information. I can remember my mother didn't fill the 1981 census because of “religious issues” and I can only guess this was from a suggestion from on high. Maybe the national census records would contradict the publishing figures.

In the 2001 census 390127 people put down Jedi as there religion, thats 0.7% of the population that returned.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2001/profiles/rank/jedi.asp

• kls
    kls
    have you been sleeping in the KH? sorry this gets a bit corny.....

Um ,let me think ,,,,umm,no can't sat that i have

Monkey is getting really confused and gas is building up

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The only census that I would return is the official Government Census that mbatoon referred to.

Any other is destroyed. There was one distributed around here a while back that looked official but on closer examination it was a marketing exercise guarunteed to have you plaged with junk mail forever

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I agree with Blues.

US government census I believe are required to be returned, or they send someone knocking and it ain't a JW.

However, I don't think the govt census requires your address to be filled in.

When return mailing, make sure you drop it off at a post office. Don't just leave it in your mailbox to be picked up. This I do with any and all bills, and important paperwork, too.

Hugs you beautiful monkey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit