How many have survived COC ?

by vitty 28 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.
    I had already had my fill of the hypocrisy I saw in the churches.

No offense, FM. But what would you think if someone joined some church like the Reformed Church of God, or perhaps the Christadelphians, the Iglesia ni Cristo, Bible Students, The Way International, LDS, SDA, House of Yahweh, The Potter's House, True Jesus Chruch, etc., and their reasoning was that "I had already had my fill of the hypocrisy I saw in the churches", lumping the JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES in THAT cateogory??? Isn't it unfair to make such a quick generalization?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

During a talk on apostasy a sister in our old hall said she read the book and it was full of rubbish. Somehow she got away with that.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

lmfao slim, did she get questioned about it after the talk? There's no way she read it.

GBL

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Salvation is not through any organization, religious or governmental and anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken.

Fairmind, you are so right about the above, but I am surprised at your comment that the same kind of criticism can be levelled at all. Not sure hoe much you have looked into some of who yu lump togethe as "all". Since I was an SDA and practising catholic years ago, the world of religion has changed, some for the better. I can't agree with the classifications and generalisations.

That no organisation of denomination is necessary is what millions of Christians and hundreds of religions believe too. JWs however are far less Christian or honest than most IMO.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've heard of a few, third hand, from testimonials on this board, who claimed they were not affected by the book. I figure any JW that picks it up already has questions. It's not a magic bullet, though. For instance, a mate should not be expecting a miraculous conversion by leaving it lying around. The person has to be internally ready for what the book has to say.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

FM,

That is an interesting perspective. Basically you are saying that they are no better than any other religion. However, considering the WTS teaches these other religions deserve destruction due to their errors, why do yo even bother? Doesn't that put them in the same boat?

If it's family, I guess I can understand. However, if you are like most of us, I think those reasons will eventually fail to keep you from the inevitable. It's hard to "carry water" for someone else indefinetly. Either way, thanks for sharing.

-FW

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I read it way after I was out of the borg. I passed it onto everyone I knew - but they were also way out of the borg.

Just one friend who hadnt been going for about 7 years was uneasy about reading it! Hangover from borg days.

I done know anyone who was in and read it - or would admit to reading it.

• IW
    IW

I survived COC.

I read it but did not leave. I ended up leaving because the GB maligned God.

IW

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm on page 120 of CoC right now, and I'll never go back! I would also like to know how to get the book into my families hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit