What do you think of the gring?

by gringojj 18 Replies latest jw friends

• gringojj
    gringojj

Just curious what everyone thinks of me. I make alot of stupid posts. Some funny(I hope), some good questions(I think). I have never been a witness and didnt know much about them until I met my wife a couple years ago. Sometimes I feel like an outsider here because I have never been brainwashed by them, but they dont have an al-anon style place for friends and family of recovering jws. Just a rant.

How fortunate we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i think you ask some good questions gringojj. i enjoy answering them.

sincerely,

TS

• Legolas
    Legolas
    What do you think of the gring?

I think you are great, not to mention SMART by not getting SUCKED into the borg!!!

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

You had some funny stuff making fun of the Awake magazine. Your wife's jw or ex jw? My spouse is jw and I come here to learn so I can deal with her.

• gringojj
    gringojj

I have been an atheist as long as I have been able to think for myself(since about 11 or 12 yrs old). They would have had almost no chance of converting me to dubdom, considering that no one can can even convince me of a god.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    My spouse is jw and I come here to learn so I can deal with her.

Now George ...we don't like being 'dealt' with....Just kidding!!

• gringojj
    gringojj

My wife was raised by dub parents. She was never baptised. She ran away from home when she was 18. She went all crazy for a while, but she never questioned whether or not the jws had the truth, but was never really sure either. She is 26 now and still is not sure. I have given her plenty of stuff to look at but she will make the decision when sheis ready. I hope shes smart enough to see the truth now.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    They would have had almost no chance of converting me to dubdom, considering that no one can can even convince me of a god.

So Gring how frustrated is your wife with you then?

When I still believed that would have driven me nuts.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

Legolas: so far the best way I've learned to "deal with" her is with Jack Daniels

• gringojj
    gringojj

Legolas its very hard sometimes. One day she is looking at the misquotations and talking trash about them, the next day she defends them because she says of all the religions, they try the hardest to follow bible principles. We are just at a place where she can go to a meeting, talk to elders, other dubs, and hear what they have to say. But if she is going to look at thier side, she will listen to what I have to say too,which is nice. I consider it fair to look at both sides and thats what she is doing. Surely if they are the truth, they will prevail. If I prevail in showing her why they are not the truth, then obviously they are full of crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit