Still clinging to 1914 a significant year in the new book.

by Blueblades 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

1914 ---A SIGNIFICANT YEAR IN BIBLE PROPHECY. page 215 -- 218 in the Appendix section which start on page 194. I won't bore you with the same old same old interpretation of 607 B.C.E. / 1914 C.E. the seven times, 2,520 years.

The opening par: Decades in advance, ( notice this statement ) Bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914.

The closing par:Just as Jesus predicted, his "presence" as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments - war, famine, earthquakes, ???

( Didn't they print an Awake article saying that 'earthquakes' had and have nothing to do with the last days and his presence? ) pestilences. Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God's heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of "the last days" of this present wicked system of things.

This false teaching, misinterpretation, of 607 B.C.E. and the 1914 doctrine has been disproved on this forum and elsewhere over and over again. The society is once again entrapping with the "carrot" those who study this new book with the witnesses.

This is deliberate " Scholastic Dishonesty " !

Blueblades

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    This is deliberate " Scholastic Dishonesty "

Nail on the head BlueBlades

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    1914 ---A SIGNIFICANT YEAR IN BIBLE PROPHECY

BIBLE prophecy? I have yet to have this EXPLAINED to me. As for the 'significant developments' , I believe they are claiming credit for prophesying WWI.

• undercover
    undercover

1914 is a dead horse that the WTS just needs to quit beating for their own good.

The further we get from that period of history, the less people care or even know it that much about. Back in the 50s and 60s, a mention of 1914 still meant something to a lot of people. And the WTS capitalized on the situation.

Now, dates like 12-7-41 or 6-6-44 or 9-11-01 mean more to people. 1914 is just a footnote in history to the younger generations. A mention of 1914 by the WTS makes them look more like the losers and false prophets they are.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

1914 ---A SIGNIFICANT YEAR IN BIBLE PROPHECY
    BIBLE prophecy? I have yet to have this EXPLAINED to me. As for the 'significant developments' , I believe they are claiming credit for prophesying WWI.

The funny thing is that WWI broke out a half year to early then. They like to connect 'the satan was trown out of heaven' to the start of the WW1, but according to them the war in heaven started in the fall, the WW1 broke out much earlier. They can not just abandon the 1914. They can change things gradualy maybe, but even that would be a big shock. Bigger then all the others. Everything stands or falls with 1914.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I'm with undercover. The fact that they don't have the good sense to ditch this doctrine is a good thing. The fact that they are putting it into their newest publications means that Witnesses will stay familiar with it. This is good. While the doctrine continues to exist, Witnesses who see through it will be helped to escape. And when they finally realize that they do need to get rid of it, Witnesses will be very aware of the change.

SNG

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Thanks Danny - did it begin late June-ish? (Lol - I'm sure they can juggle a few numbers, maybe pull the 'Jewish calendar' card). The War ended November 1918 - what happened to the 3 and a half years thing?

...and a quick google of WWI reveals that SATAN wasn't involved on either side.

• Daunt
    Daunt

Just think in about 9 more years it will be 100 years since this amazing great day. Jehovah sure is taking his precious time.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

To quote Rambo, "Let it go".

• AlanF
    AlanF

This all sounds to me like a dying gasp from the oldest and most ossified members of the Writing Department.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit