JW Shunning Does Accomplish A Lot Of Good...

by Honesty 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

Because it shows everyone in the community how cruel, unloving, hateful and distorted the cult can be at a moment's notice. When a JW shuns an ex-member in public as the ex-member greets the JW with a smile and in a friendly manner the normal reaction of people who see this is repugnancy. They see how hypocritical the JW's are because they go 'from house to house' proclaiming their love for other people and then display their real hearts when they encounter an ex-member.

• Ellie
    Ellie

here here! Couldn't agree with you more

• out of the box
    out of the box

Honesty,

I agree with your post whole heartedly! Or when your neighbors see you are not well or recovering from an illness or injury and no JW comes to your home to help!

out of the box

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Yep, Im being shunned for living with my bf, but someone can have a problem flashing, and only get reproved! No shunning for him! wtf?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    They see how hypocritical the JW's are

Expelled for studying the Bible with JW's!

• talesin
    talesin

Great thread, Honesty! My friends get that look on their faces when we talk about it. They are repulsed by the unnatural actions of the JWs, and say that even in their own, dysfunctional families, this behaviour would be viewed as a crime against nature! After so many years of being DFd, and shunned, it was only after I came here, to JWD, that I realized how much it had affected me. Your post really hits home for me. Thanks.
    I just don't understand why some of the partners of the posters here, don't get it!!!! My ex, and all my friends, understand completely, and abhor the behaviour of my family, and the JWs.
    xo tal

• tweety
    tweety
    Because it shows everyone in the community how cruel, unloving, hateful and distorted the cult can be at a moment's notice

You are so right when you said that statement. My friends in my neighborhood have asked me so many questions as to why the JW's shun and what the JW's believe.

Most of them reply with: They can't believe that a religion teaches their members to shun family members because they choose not to be a JW's any longer. 'What religion teaches their members, not speak to their parents, children, siblings...that is sick." (That was a statement made to me, just yesterday by a 81 years old man who asked me about my family).

Dee

• tweety
    tweety
    Because it shows everyone in the community how cruel, unloving, hateful and distorted the cult can be at a moment's notice

You are so right when you said that statement. My friends in my neighborhood have asked me so many questions as to why the JW's shun and what the JW's believe.

Most of them reply with: They can't believe that a religion teaches their members to shun family members because they choose not to be a JW's any longer. 'What religion teaches their members, not speak to their parents, children, siblings...that is sick." (That was a statement made to me, just yesterday by a 81 years old man who asked me about my family).

Dee

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

100% spot on Honesty! Keep on shunning, dubs!

GBL

• carla
    carla

I agree. Wish they'd start shunning my husband so he can experience their 'love'. I can always hope. carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit