Is there a new " write to a disfellowshipped person" campaign going on?

by glenwoodswoman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• foreword
    foreword
    Could it also be that the Society is thinking twice about their harsh "shunning policy", and what we are now witnessing is an introductory strategy to ease the R & F into an eventual policy of greater tolerance?

I'd love to see that one. I think I'd go back to the meetings for the sole purpose of shunning a few of them myself. Although I've been shunning them for decades now, it would be interesting to see them struggle with the idea they pushed it a little too far, and now I'm pissed to a point of no return...LOL

Careful how you judge, with the same measures with which you judge you will be judged.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I am not dfd, i just left a few years ago, and i get a yearly call from the borg to see if i want to return - with the same reply, not yet, although i dropped the "yet" last time. perhaps they do have a conscience about how they bullied so many into leaving - can't see it myself though, my guess would be it's financial, to help pay off all the child abuse court cases they will lose in the next few years

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

I have also since heard that there was some mention at the convention about being"kinder" (gulp) Always manipulating. Dont they ever get tired of that!

Glenwoodswoman

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They are supposed to contact you every year unless you went apostate and they know about it

• thom
    thom

I know there was an elder knocking at my door this morning. But he woke me up and I didn't feel like answering while still half asleep and in my underwear.
    I am a little curious why he was here though. Maybe he's been lurking here? Who knows.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

So Dedpoet, the conversation last time went something like this?

Elder : Are you ready to return?

DedPoet: Not.

Was the elder concerned by your seeming inability to communicate in English?

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit