How many remember the 15 min break Between the Public Tlk and WT Study?

by Wasanelder Once 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

Yes! My favorite part of Sunday meeting- when we walked to the corner convenience store for candy. =)

• sparky1
    sparky1

Wow does this bring back memories! I was a young teenager and went to the Quincy Massachusetts Kingdom Hall. Our meeting started at 3:00 o'clock and during the break I would go out to the car and listen to the Boston Red Sox on the radio. Many, many times I came back in late for the Watchtower Study and was pinched and glared at by my mother over and over again. By the way, I was too old by then to be taken out to the coat room and be knocked silly with a wooden spoon. Ahhhhhhh the memories.....................growing up in Jehovahs loving organization.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I remember the break, some of the kids would run across the street to the convenience store for candy as someone described earlier.

I don't remember the changeover to reading the WT before the question so assume it was in the late 60's or early 70s. As soon as I graduated high school and left home I was only to a hall for a wedding or funeral.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit