What are the 90 questions for Baptism?

by KAYTEE 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Elsewhere: link is not working.
    I think my bandwidth was being taken up by several people trying to download too much at the same time. Try Right-Clicking on it to save it so you can watch the progres bar.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    This is 'current' ? Do they need to memorize the answers or can they ad lib? Must they do this verbally or in writing? Are they allowed to use various wt books to answer? And finally, does only an elder make the determination as to if someone is 'qualified'? thanks carla

1. Yes. This book was released just a few months ago.
    2. Both.
    3. Verbally.
    4. No.
    5. Elders normally help a person stumble there way through all of the questions. Rarely will an elder deny baptism based on lack of knowledge regarding these questions. A denial is usually based on the body of elder just not liking someone.
  • robhic
    robhic
    2. What are some of Jehovah’s outstanding qualities?

God is

love ..1 John 4:8.

And if you don't believe that, we'll (he'll) disfellowship your ass so quickly it'll make your head spin! Or kill you and your family -- except any women found to be pleasing to the eye -- steal your stuff and kill or steal your livestock. So there...

Robert

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

If I remember correctly, when I was baptized in 1972, there were only 80 questions and we had to go three different times to three different elders (as baptism candidates) and go over these questions.

I do recall how nervous I was, because the elder would pick ones at random when these were being gone over....not the usual "ask a question, raise your hand to answer" venue. I was picked to answer "what scripture would you refer to for finding out how Jehovah views a vow" (or words to that effect) and I went totally blank!!! It was Eccl 5:4-6, and I still have to look it up! Maybe my subconscious was trying to tell me something all those years, LOL!

I didn't realize that the worm would turn and that the WTS would insert meanings other than being baptized to Jehovah in the mid 80's, but to an organization instead. It was pretty sneaky of them to do that and in that way, just trying to slip it in and never bringing this out in any previous Watchtowers for us to see what their "reasoning" was. OR so we would be prepared when they just came out and said it like that!

But then, consider the source. The evil WTS cult has always deviously pulled the wool over our eyes---it just took me 30 years to figure it out.

Annie

• blondie
    blondie

I think they were more than 80 by the time this change went through with the OD book. Lots of auxiliary questions making 192 plus questions..

They have simplified the questions, taking out the additional questions. The elders have a hard time getting through all the questions in 3 sessions assuming they don't spend the time socializing instead.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit